Captain Marvel Review: Finally, Women Have Their Own Mediocre Marvel Movie

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Everyone is throwing out Rogue's name meanwhile I'm just sitting here like "You know...Kitty Pryde/Shadowcat has fans too. :sadcam:" Hell, she was just in the GOTG comics. Of course, I understand why the former's name is being thrown out due to her connection with Captain Marvel.

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’ll be happy as long as it’s better than aquaman...now that shyt was a generic paint-by-numbers ass superhero flick...the visuals were dope but there was hardly anything original about the movie...most of the dialogue felt cliche

TaxCollector13459

2018 Coli Rookie of the Year
Daps
Uh, No the fukk she isn't. Secondly If she comes out of literally nowhere to save The Avengers then yes she is a Mary Sue. She has no connection to the Avengers other than Marvel wanted to make a female superhero movie, I'm fine with that. Marvel is pandering, I'm fine with that too. But don't act like Captain Marvel has some HUGE fandom either.She isn't anywhere near Wonder Woman or hell even Harley Quinn realistically. Yeah them white boys are pissed for a doofy ass reason. But as someone who has stuck with the MCU since its inception, i can see why SOME fans would be legit angry.

She mainly known cause Rogue (much more popular) had her powers

Nobody studding capt marvel

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Who is nobody? Shes a huge character in the lore of the comics, the same comics that these cacs claim to be aficionadod on. Secondly, using ther term Mary Sue as a pejorative when talking abour a comic book superhero is straight :dead:

Breh, you do realize every single superhero is a mary sue right??? Yes there are few exceptions, but most of those came later because the original versions of these characters fit the description of mary sue to a tee, ony difference is the gender.

I make this point to prove that these cacs are full of shyt. They dont hate Mary Sues and self inserts because if they did... they wouldn't be comicbook fans.

They need to just admit they feel like a female superhero is pandering and thats why they don't like it. All that other shyt is a massive double standard

i would say Gwen and Squirrel Girl are more popular than she is. They tried to push Captain Marvel only because all of the xmen characters were owned by fox and thought she be an all powerful sjw superhero

TaxCollector13459

2018 Coli Rookie of the Year
Daps
Breh, with all due respect, youre not a big fan of tbe comics if you think captain marvel came out of nowhere is not a popular characther with a deep lore. She was one of the most important characters in the Kree-Skrull war.

Even for the sake of this argument, i did some research in popularity polls for marvel characters that were taken before this movie was announced.

Captain marvel was consistently top 20, top 15 sometimes. The only female marvel superheroes who constantly beat her out were Storm, Rogue, Jean Grey, Emma Frost. All X-men. Shes litterly the most popular non X-men female character Marvel has. I cant even belive this is a debate. This is like saying no one knows who the fantastic 4 are.:deadmanny:

Get mad if Captsin Marvel saves the day if u want but i wonder how mad these cacs would be if it was cable or someone like that.

:stopitslime:

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps

Few reasons. I'm petty and a hater and make no excuses for that. Second, not a fan of feminism and their modern day agendas including propaganda pieces such as this so called "film" nor it's marketing. Lastly, I don't do comic book "films". I hope to see the popularity of comic book movies die off before I die.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
She mainly known cause Rogue (much more popular) had her powers

Nobody studding capt marvel

I wouldn't be shocked if Marvel's plan all along was Nova(I mean especially since we've actually seen the Nova corps in GOG) Until DC struck gold with Wonder Woman(problem is her character never ever gonna be Wonder Woman popularity wise)

FreddyCalhoun

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
Most MCU movies are trash. The X Men and original Spiderman movies were better.

strawman_orig.png

Bart simpson

Served w/ no chill
Daps
Reppin
Springfield
Taken straight from someone that doesnt know comics.
1. Captain marvel is a C list character who"s comic book sales the lowest
2. Most marvel characters are not Mary sue's some examples
1.spiderman could of easily saved his uncle, but was being cocky which caused his uncles death

2.rougue is super powerful and stunning beauty, but can never have contact with a lover because she would easily kill them.

3. Storm is a level 1 grade mutant as far as power, but she freaks out in closed darks areas and is easily tramatized.

4. Deadpool has healing power except for his face which remains Freddie cruger esq. Has a good heart but struggles with being a hero angle can become a villian based on a situations

5 Jean grey is extremely powerful but using her powers weakens her, cant control the Phoenix force and kills people she loves

6. Hulk is genius but cant control hulk form for sh#t

Most of the marvel universe is like this
Thank you Breh spoken like a true comic book fan!
OptimisticDangerousHarvestmouse-max-1mb.gif

The BEST characters
have major flaws...
Captain Marvel is a good for nothin....
The funny part is in the House of M storyline Ms.Marvel/Capt Marvel's wish was to be popular!
Man everyone know she was boring lol!