Captain Marvel Review: Finally, Women Have Their Own Mediocre Marvel Movie

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
She's a good looking white woman, so I will watch at least twice off of that alone.
21YDpyd.png

AnotherRoute

Just another post by
Daps
Reppin
BR..O..OK...LYN
Who is nobody? Shes a huge character in the lore of the comics, the same comics that these cacs claim to be aficionadod on. Secondly, using ther term Mary Sue as a pejorative when talking abour a comic book superhero is straight :dead:

Breh, you do realize every single superhero is a mary sue right??? Yes there are few exceptions, but most of those came later because the original versions of these characters fit the description of mary sue to a tee, ony difference is the gender.

I make this point to prove that these cacs are full of shyt. They dont hate Mary Sues and self inserts because if they did... they wouldn't be comicbook fans.

They need to just admit they feel like a female superhero is pandering and thats why they don't like it. All that other shyt is a massive double standard
Nah bruh they keep trying to constantly reboot her. Her comics are not popular at all.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Uh, No the fukk she isn't. Secondly If she comes out of literally nowhere to save The Avengers then yes she is a Mary Sue. She has no connection to the Avengers other than Marvel wanted to make a female superhero movie, I'm fine with that. Marvel is pandering, I'm fine with that too. But don't act like Captain Marvel has some HUGE fandom either.She isn't anywhere near Wonder Woman or hell even Harley Quinn realistically. Yeah them white boys are pissed for a doofy ass reason. But as someone who has stuck with the MCU since its inception, i can see why SOME fans would be legit angry.

Breh, with all due respect, youre not a big fan of tbe comics if you think captain marvel came out of nowhere is not a popular characther with a deep lore. She was one of the most important characters in the Kree-Skrull war.

Even for the sake of this argument, i did some research in popularity polls for marvel characters that were taken before this movie was announced.

Captain marvel was consistently top 20, top 15 sometimes. The only female marvel superheroes who constantly beat her out were Storm, Rogue, Jean Grey, Emma Frost. All X-men. Shes litterly the most popular non X-men female character Marvel has. I cant even belive this is a debate. This is like saying no one knows who the fantastic 4 are.:deadmanny:

Get mad if Captsin Marvel saves the day if u want but i wonder how mad these cacs would be if it was cable or someone like that.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah bruh they keep trying to constantly reboot her. Her comics are not popular at all.

They reboot every superhero, but my statement was that she is a huge character in the lore of the comics, which she is.
Her story effects the origin of many other heroes.

Ya'll act like Carol Denvers is Quake or someone like that.

You cannot find a single person who reads Marvel comic books who does not know who Captain Marvel is