Cardi B has a Grammy before Nas, Snoop, Pac and Busta Rhymes brehs

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Theres enough legends who are grammy less across several genres to the point where if you have one its an amazng accomplishment but if you dont but still great you're in an elite group

Which is funny too when you consider the hundreds of categories they got but thats the point, it doesnt really matter they probably diluted themselves as an award show doing that.

So its whatever, amazing if you have one but not a shame if you're a great who doesnt

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
It's like the poster I quoted said, the Grammys are a "POPULARITY CONTEST". Mainstream rap has been shyt since the late 2000's. I don't give a shyt about statistics when music should only be about quality.

A lot of mainstream music now is garbage. I stick with the older genre of rap.

that sucks, bro. i feel you but gotta disagree off top just because the most popular rappers this decade are nikkas that can actually rap for the most part and this decade brought us the weeknd, partynextdoor and miguel on the rnb side. most popular rapper back then was like nelly or em, lol.

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
I think the issue here is that Hip Hop needs more judges in the Recording Academy, so the awards are chosen correctly and the artists that deserve it get the respect that's rightfully due. Invasion of Privacy is a really good album considering Cardi's skill level and what everyone was expecting, but I feel like Daytona, Astroworld, Victory Lap and Swimming were all better albums.

But the swindle is real, because they'll have a ton of performances and awards handed out before they even get to Best Rap Album, because they know it's one of the biggest categories of the night next to Album of The Year and Song of The Year and Record of The Year. So they'll keep it way later on in the program so you can sit there and wait for it, and by the time it airs, you already saw most of the show so there's no point in stopping now. They know how big the culture is, they know how much impact rap is, they'll just never give it the proper credit because it's their turf.

And I know people will say "But why do we care about white acceptance?" It's easy to say that, but it's the biggest night in music -- everyone wants to be recognized for their efforts. But it's like what Drake and Cole said -- you don't need a Grammy to determine how worthy you are. You don't need a little trophy to say that you're an amazing artist, your fans already make it abundantly clear. Without the musicians, there ARE no Grammys. And most of rap was noticeably absent last night anyway, so that should tell you everything.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Thats why I don’t get the hip hop world celebrating this like they are

To me this is no different than Maclemore winning a Grammy

These lost ass nikkas should be outraged not dikk riding Cardi