Carlos Santana: Beyonce Is a Model, Adele Is a Singer

Daps
Reppin
NULL
They both make generic music. I agree with you that Beyoncé can sing, I've never said otherwise. But all she makes is throwaway music. Beyoncé has no soul in her voice. She's a technically trained singer and that's exactly what she sounds like. There is no personality in her voice or music. I think she's a good performer and she's obviously talented.

People listen to Adele and think about failed relationships, sadness, Idk depressing ish. People listen to Beyoncé to go to the club. No emotions there. The only reason you get up to dance to a Beyoncé song is because it has a nice beat, nothing to do with her vocals.

And hun, just because you make music doesn't make you an expert or hide the fact that everything you just stated, just like me for that matter, is your opinion :smile:

I just posted a video of her singing at last lmoa, that's a soulful song, she sung it well live
Adele can't sing soul music, so no, she's not a soulful singer, she has a powerful voice, so do opera singers, doesn't make it soulful. you don't know what soul is

Beyonce has a cult following, Adele has a bunch of old cacs, Beyonce just doesn't do club songs, that's just all you choose to acknowledge

Beyonce has ballads and club songs on her albums what you talking about lmao, you sound like a nerd who's made people like to go out and have fun

Beyonce can do Adele's lane and make people dance, Adele is one dimensional, and her music is boring

her performance was boring, nobody is even talking about her performance, except for the fact she messed up at the beginning lmao

the two artist were on the same stage, performed, and beyonce blew her away, case closed

Last edited:

tater

Superstar
Daps
I just posted a video of her singing at last lmoa, that's a soulful song, she sung it well live
Adele can't sing soul music, so no, she's not a soulful singer, she has a powerful voice, so do opera singers, doesn't make it soulful. you don't know what soul is

Beyonce has a cult following, Adele has a bunch of old cacs, Beyonce just doesn't do club songs, that's just all you choose to acknowledge

Beyonce has ballads and club songs on her albums what you talking about lmao, you sound like a nerd who's made people like to go out and have fun

Beyonce can do Adele's lane and make people dance, Adele is one dimensional, and her music is boring

her performance was boring, nobody is even talking about her performance, except for the fact she messed up at the beginning lmao

the two artist were on the same stage, performed, and beyonce blew her away, case closed

No I didn't watch it because it's not going to change my opinion. I've heard everyone's singing already and Beyoncé is not my cup of tea. I'm confused as to where I said Adele makes soulful music or has a soulful voice? Maybe you can show me...

Both of them make soulless music. Beyoncé more so IMO...

Her ballads are boring (I've heard them), her club tracks are boring, her voice is boring. Obviously I'm in the minority because she has a cult following. She can put on a show and she can sing and dance well. I don't like her music or her voice but I'm not oblivious to her talent. Neither of them are in the same conversation as Whitney or Mariah who we would never have this conversation about. They're great SINGERS Beyoncé is okay and she's a great performer. She's of the same caliber of a Michael Jackson. Not a Whitney who could just stand there and not because she was fat and makes boring music. I would stand on glass shards barefooted and listen to Whitney just sing songs. I would go to a Beyoncé show to WATCH a performance (like Carlos was alluding to). I wouldn't go to hear her sing just behind a mic even for free. I can nap at home.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Lol,you nyggas fall for it everytime.What they'll do is have a non black person throw shade at Beyonce,and black people react by caping for a overrated/over exposed black entertainer.Stop falling for the okie doke black people.

Beyonce is a great performer and good singer,but she's also overrated and over exposed at the same time,same with Jay-z.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Lmao you just believe power ballad are more artistic and they not

beyonce could easily sing those adele songs lmao be serious
Beyonce sings better live than Adele

Adele can only sing on style and that's loud ass souless monotone overbearing ass basic cac shyt

she don't have soul, she sing a song like this

beyonce is not a good singer, but adele is a gimmick

I hear bicthes at karaoke do her songs with ease lmao

:gucci: So if Beyonce isn't a gimmick then what is "single ladies" and "girls run the world?"

Songs so poppy and generic they're clearly geared to be played in big huge arenas where thousands of women cheer and sing along

Beyonce is a brand: Who is Sade's husband? What's her favorite anything? Nobody gives a damn because her music is her main selling point...Beyonce makes terrible music but she's glamorous and beautiful, married to hov so people don't care

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
:mjgrin:is this or adele's speech about how beyonce's music makes her black friends feel worse??
:mjpls:non-blacks doing too much as always!!

bdkane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
College Park by way of East Bmore
#1. Jimi "THE GOAT" Hendrix (With only 3 albums) >>>>>>>>>> Sanatana
#2. Adele can sing, but albums wise she's made the same damn album 3 times (My Boyfriend played me and I'm sad.)

I didn't speak on the racial bias of this year's Grammy awards because it's pointless. Black people can't expect these awards show to honor our talent properly because they are judged by non-Blacks and that's just the truth. The Grammy board is 90% old white men. Only 10 Black Artist have won AOTY in the History of the Grammy's. Black People have revolutionized every facset of music period. Black People are techinically one of the reasons Santana has a career as we created Rock & Roll genre and artform. Santana is a musical genius, nobody would question that. Also everyone is entitled to their opinion but Everyone is not entitled to an uninformed opinion. Santana is a Legend but the fact he had to shade Beyonce to Big up Adele is the problem. All he had to do was say, "I liked her album more." Fine but he took it the extra mile. The disrespect to pump up white artist has to be shut down. Black People it's time to reclaim our artforms, Black People are the best singers in the world. I like Adele and yes she can sing. That's where it stops. She has no where near the versatility of Beyonce. Adele is getting completely pumped up by White Society it's getting pathetic. Billboard.com had the nerve to say "21" was a bigger album in History than "Thriller".

This is what I mean, People love rewriting history when it comes to Black People. Dude is really up here trying to regulate Beyonce's 20 year career to being a Model? WTF. This is why Black History Month needs to be shoved in EVERYONE's face, In about 20 years Adele is going to be ranked above Arthea and Whitney. Santana popped sh!t but will apologize very soon. To call Beyonce a Model is completely disrespectful. Adele did not have the "Album of the year". She dropped "Hello" and that song was so big that's why she won. It sold because White People have always elevated other whites singing Black Music. A black women could of dropped the exact same album and it wouldn't of sold what she did. Kenny G has sold more records than any Black Jazz Musician. We all know Eminem's and Elvis numbers. Let's not forget Beastie Boys had Hip Hop's first #1 album and Vanilla Ice had Hip Hop First #1 single. This is why Beyonce and other Black Artist should boycott the grammy's going forward. The disrespect has to end. Taylor Swift and Adele have won AOTY and Prince did not.
:salute:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
No I didn't watch it because it's not going to change my opinion. I've heard everyone's singing already and Beyoncé is not my cup of tea. I'm confused as to where I said Adele makes soulful music or has a soulful voice? Maybe you can show me...

Both of them make soulless music. Beyoncé more so IMO...

Her ballads are boring (I've heard them), her club tracks are boring, her voice is boring. Obviously I'm in the minority because she has a cult following. She can put on a show and she can sing and dance well. I don't like her music or her voice but I'm not oblivious to her talent. Neither of them are in the same conversation as Whitney or Mariah who we would never have this conversation about. They're great SINGERS Beyoncé is okay and she's a great performer. She's of the same caliber of a Michael Jackson. Not a Whitney who could just stand there and not because she was fat and makes boring music. I would stand on glass shards barefooted and listen to Whitney just sing songs. I would go to a Beyoncé show to WATCH a performance (like Carlos was alluding to). I wouldn't go to hear her sing just behind a mic even for free. I can nap at home.

Beyonce is nowhere in Michael's league you have no clue what you are talking about

Beyonce singing at last at the white house is better than any performance Adele as done
you ignore that performance, and focus on club tracks lmao, just stop it you're not objective, you just buying into the adele hype
her music is okay, she can sing nobody than evanesence or whatever that cac shyt was called, she's okay
you're just spewing nonsense and not using facts, you've posted no performances

Beyonce out sung adele at the grammy's lmao, adele is a one trick pony, she's boring, her music puts people to sleep, old people buy her records

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
I said suspected white supremacist ...reading is fundamental... :ufdup: now you are on the list of suspected white supremacists...
Suspected meaning that you believe he is and are awaiting evidence to confirm that belief.

:deadrose: at me making the list. fukking hilarious.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Man people don't even realize what's going on here. White people be having a singer come out and get these awards and money every couple years(Winehouse.Sam Smith, Adele) and black folks have Beyonce, Rihanna and them other chicks. Adele is doing what singers used to do back in the day... stand there and sing! Ain't no dancers, no fireworks, no rappers doing guest verses. We have people who can do that but we be all bored and shyt. Beyoncé can sit there and sing a song and while some people will say she was great, a lot of people will be like why didn't she sing Single Ladies or 7/11 or some shyt. People stay trying to stir up some controversy with Beyoncé not winning these awards but guys, Beyoncé is doing well! She's going to be ok! Her status in music is undiniable. Santana was wrong to say she's just a cheerleader but why get mad? Just say he wrong and keep it moving. There's waaaaaay too many great singers with great albums being overlooked to care about something like this.

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Beyonce is an excellent singer, Adele is also very good but her range isn't any greater than Beyonce's from what I have heard of her, musicians are also capable of having dumb opinions on other musicians this is a prime example

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
This is bullshyt and I'm disappointed in Carlos Santana for even saying something so silly. Beyonce is a great singer but people want to dismiss that in part because of her popularity and that fact is she is maybe the GOAT female performer.

I do think Adele is a better singer but to shyt on Beyonce to do it is smallminded and petty.