Carlos Santana: Beyonce Is a Model, Adele Is a Singer

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
:yeshrug: not a fan of the bytch. id hit just to say id hit, but it would only be just a small part in the grand scheme of me stealing mad shyt out of her house after I fukk her mannequin ass to sleep.

She don't even got that freak look in her eye...bytch is probably a dead fish in the bed and probably just licks around your dikkhead thinking thats a proper blowjob :yeshrug:
U ain't never fukked a 6 in your life

Kill yourself hating ass fakkit

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Raul, Santana already backtracked do you still stand by his opinion:troll:
Yes.
Beyonce is a mediocre singer and largely an entertainer. In the way that Whitney was a real singer and Janet was an entertainer.

A lot of people support Beyonce and disagree with me and that's ok.

Santana backtracking because of "political" heat is just the nature of the PR business.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I'm so old I remember before the bee hive existed, when many black r&b fans took to social media to complain about Beyoncé being overrated and not the best singer. Now she's god apparently.
:yeshrug:

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
I do think adele is a better Singer technically but to say Beyonce is only good for eye candy is retarded. She's talented, clearly. He low key said adele is ugly too :mjlol:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
My question is do you nikkas even know why black women and people who follow pop culture are upset? Responses like yours is actually what is infuriating them and why they said fukk it. Just because someone can sing it does not mean that they have Album of the Year. When Beyonce outsold Beck they said he won because he was more critically acclaimed (he wasn't but they were basically identical). Beyonce's last album has a critic score of 91. Adele's has a 73. Do you know how ridiculous it sounds to say because something sold more it's better? None of y'all said that shyt when Taylor Swift beat Kendrick. Let's go give Suicide Squad the Oscar with that logic.

Now I see what @mastermind be talking about with you guys hating black women/being ignorant to their issues. 98% of this board bytched about Swift beating Kendrick, but the exact same argument applies here and a lot of you cats are like :yeshrug:. nikkas are ridiculous. Y'all do realize a black women has not won this shyt in 20 years and Swift and Adele both have two in the past 10? Y'all realize that only 3 black women have won ever? That less than 10 black people have won ever (Stevie won 3 times in the 70s)?
they dont like black women.

I cant comment on this because i didnt hear either Adele or Beyonce albums and I dont know why people take the Grammys so serious.

But you cant expect this forum to care about black women. Every day they say they do not.

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just goes to show that while Carlos Santana maybe be good on the guitar, he knows very little about singing as a craft. Because Beyonce is so much better of a singer technically, you have to be silly to not only compare her unfavorably to Adele but to take it as far as insulting her entire body of work to call her just a model. Adele had to have vocal surgery because she strains so much. Beyonce's voice is much more effortless and she has a lot more range. A lot.

But I'm not surprised by some of the support of his comments. Or the lack of care for how insulting they were for one of this generation's greatest artists of all time. Pretty much anything Black women like, these posters hate or like to see antagonized.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Yes.
Beyonce is a mediocre singer and largely an entertainer. In the way that Whitney was a real singer and Janet was an entertainer.

A lot of people support Beyonce and disagree with me and that's ok.

Santana backtracking because of "political" heat is just the nature of the PR business.

Beyonce's vocal range is miles ahead of Janet though breh. I get your analogy but Janet is a poor example when compared to Whtney. I think you're making the same mistake Santana made in minimizing Beyonce's vocal abilities. I agree that Adele is the better singer based on the little I've heard from both artists. But Beyonce is really not that far behind Adele as a singer.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Frankly Adele is a better singer than Beyonce.
A lot of people are better singers than Beyonce.

Everything ain't a fukkin controversy.
because you dont understand nuance.

He basically said Beyonce is a sexy model who isnt really a singer and doesnt make good music. Thats incredibly disrespectful and untrue.

He also insinuated Adele aint attractive.

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Comparing Bey and Adele vocally is like comparing Aretha Franklin to Etta James or Marvin Gaye to Bill Whithers. While Etta and Bill have distinct tones/timbres to their voices, Marvin and Aretha can do so much more with their instruments