Cassidy n Meek goin at it on Twitter

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Sumbody finally mentioned it....Cass wuz quick to battle Freeway to come up,then as soon as he wuz poppin he didn't wanna battle nikkas that wanted to battle him that wuznt poppin so why should Meek do him a favor while he struggling?

cassidy & freeway were pretty much on equal footing when that battle took place.

cass wasnt just some geek off the street. he was already on the ruff ryder's cd & earned his keep.

This is retarded. Do you know how many swizz beats, r kelly hooks aren't big hits ? You're trying too hard. Did you just say cassidy has nothing to do with his own songs? Just shut up. That's like me saying amen is only hot because drake hopped on and ima boss is only hot because ross hopped on and gave him the idea for the song :mjpls:

this.

people on here go out of there way to give all the credit to the guy holding the ladder.

in some cases, these accusations are on point, but most of the time? nah.

Dro_Pesci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
No one felt like meek was the best in Philly..In '08 he was ranked lower than Reed, Frank with the Grippaz, Joey Jihad, Hollowman, Kre Forch, Reed, Cyssero, Quilly, maybe Kaboom and you might say others thought Dat N!gga Lil and Mel Love were better in the Bloodhounds. Meek had fans BUT he was ranked lower than them, and no one was really tryna get a Meek feature.

As for Meek vs Cassidy, Meek has a higher buzz than Cassidy did. Even with I'ma Hustla, Hotel, Cassidy's albums were trash. he didn't have the "has to be on everything man-of-the-minute" buzz that Meek has. Dudes that weren't from Philly didn't even know Cassidy was a spitter til the Freeway clip. meek has the benefit of the Youtube era. Meek said he lost his first battle to Dun Didit, not Cyssero but Dun. He hasn't really grown as a lyricist since then.

You mean the same year he dropped Flamerz 1?:comeon:

Flamerz 1 and 2 put meek ahead of all those rappers you named in terms of popularity. Now if you talkin technically yes meek aint the best spitter and Joey and Reed was suppose to be the next up but they dropped the ball.

Dro_Pesci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
cassidy & freeway were pretty much on equal footing when that battle took place.

cass wasnt just some geek off the street. he was already on the ruff ryder's cd & earned his keep.
:wtf::upsetfavre:

Breh Freeway had a classic verse on the Dynasty album in 2000 plus he was on one of the biggest songs of 2002 in Roc the Mic and people forget that Cassidy vs Freeway battle happen on the SAME NIGHT as the memorable state prop on hot 97 freestyle. I think the battle happened right after that

At that same time Cassidy was UNKNOWN he had 1 verse on the RR album in 2000 and that was it. He had no mixtape buzz, no features nothing. People didnt start to recognize Cass until the "Big Business" verse by the end of 02. Then when 03 came around he started to build his buzz off of that freeway battle

By the way at the time Mook called Cassidy out to battle he didnt even drop Hotel yet iirc. He was still a relative NOBODY:mjpls:

Stop trynna re-write history

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
i remember buying Cassidy;s debut album just off the strength that i fukked with him as a rapper back that.. shyt was fukkin horrible.. listened to it with the :scusthov: face the whole time.. wasn't what i expected off of him.. i straight up wanted to snuff him or the next person that came in contact with me...i gave that shyt to some broad...............AND i still bought his 2nd album.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
i remember buying Cassidy;s debut album just off the strength that i fukked with him as a rapper back that.. shyt was fukkin horrible.. listened to it with the :scusthov: face the whole time.. wasn't what i expected off of him.. i straight up wanted to snuff him or the next person that came in contact with me...i gave that shyt to some broad...............AND i still bought his 2nd album.

true but Meek album aint that much better.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!

Breh Freeway had a classic verse on the Dynasty album in 2000 plus he was on one of the biggest songs of 2002 in Roc the Mic and people forget that Cassidy vs Freeway battle happen on the SAME NIGHT as the memorable state prop on hot 97 freestyle. I think the battle happened right after that

At that same time Cassidy was UNKNOWN he had 1 verse on the RR album in 2000 and that was it. He had no mixtape buzz, no features nothing. People didnt start to recognize Cass until the "Big Business" verse by the end of 02. Then when 03 came around he started to build his buzz off of that freeway battle

By the way at the time Mook called Cassidy out to battle he didnt even drop Hotel yet iirc. He was still a relative NOBODY:mjpls:

And even my dog house got a backyard :youngsabo:

Demon

Evil b*stard
Daps
Reppin
Hell on Earth

:wow:

I love Philly

:wow:

Peedi Crakk...he just...he just murders this brehs :wow:

Last edited by a moderator:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

no. youre the one rewriting history. you not even from here talking that chitty-chit.:laugh:

the dynasty verse was ALL freeway was really known for at the time(the dj clue joint w/ beans might have leaked by then). we knew about cassidy long before that from his 103.9 days and larseny had their own song on the ruff ryders album months before dynasty dropped. not saying he was king chit but he was pretty much on equal footing. when the battle happened, nobody here was saying "whos the guy that battled freeway?"

and homie, "roc da mic" came out a full year after this battle, and "big business" was close to 2 years later being the end of '02. by that time, cassidy's buzz was thru the roof out here.

i didnt know who mook was in '03, so you may be right about that. but then again, your timeline is already screwed up so i cant take your word for it. but even if he did call him out, cassidy was already past battling nobodies by that point.

TyKnitty

Rookie
Daps
A couple points....

Cassidy aint never been as big and Meek Mill locally or now nationally. Meek sold out his owner little tour with a mixtape, the city never embraced Çass the way It embraced Meek. Meek is only signed because the city willed him to get signed. He was like Hov in philly but without a deal. Meek is the bigget star and more potential and longevity than Çass because Meek is a homerun hitter. He always could make hits. Easy.

-Meek I believe has already made more money than Cassidy, I believe.

-Meek does not want anything to do with Çass in a battle.

-what some of yall buls arent understanding is that this is the culture of rap in Philly. Meek aint talkin crazy cuz he on. None of these nikkas ever really liked each other... Any of them. Joey Jihad, Reed, Meek on down the line... When they were all broke they still never liked each other n always dissed each other. They put on fronts every once in a while but the crabs in a barrel mentality still has a hold on the philly hip hop community. They cant stand each other for more than 5 minutes.

nikkas aint frauds... Meek cant help himself from talkin sht on twitter because nikkas really really dont give a fukk. Philly nikkas gone call you out, say ya name it aint gone b but so much subliminal... Real rap. nikkas too hood for they own good... Thats why philly is one of the top 3 cities talent wise but still as a whole cant put itself on the map.

Dro_Pesci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
no. youre the one rewriting history. you not even from here talking that chitty-chit.:laugh:

the dynasty verse was ALL freeway was really known for at the time. we knew about cassidy long before that from his 103.9 days and larseny had their own song on the ruff ryders album months before dynasty dropped. not saying he was king chit but he was pretty much on equal footing. when the battle happened, nobody here was saying "whos the guy that battled freeway?"

"roc da mic" came out a full year after this battle, and "big business" was close to 2 years later being the end of '02. by that time, cassidy's buzz was thru the roof out here.

i didnt know who mook was in '03, so you may be right about that. but then again, your timeline is already screwed up so i cant take your word for it. but even if he did call him out, cassidy was already past battling nobodies by that point.

nikka i have family in East Camden and North Philly Ive been frequent there for years to know whats what. Philly is only 2 hrs away:yeshrug:

but after fact checking you right about the timelines:obama: