Chadwick Boseman’s Black Panther character T’Challa will not be recast, Marvel confirms

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I agree with this. I always felt there was no reason to recast given then nature of the mantle of black panther being a title and not a person.
If you bring in a new actor might as well bring in a new black panther. why recast and have him play chadwick?

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Excellent. Lofty shoes to fill anyway. Who would want to be compared to this brotha after that performance? Kinda like Ledger and the Joker. Gotta let it breathe for a little while...

And Disney+ need to stop playing and get these Marvel shows going. Thats what I paid the money for smh

"Wanda Vision" with Scarlet Witch & The Vision supposed to start next month. I'm assuming the rest are all right after that one

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Based on the comics the only logical solution would be Shuri for now.

The only other route they could go is

1. deviate from the comics altogether and create a new character. A relative of royal blood.

2. since marvel is going full multidimensional they could introduce a young T’Challa from an alternate universe. They could introduce him as a teenager and thus a new actor. They already did it with Gamora.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I agree with this. I always felt there was no reason to recast given then nature of the mantle of black panther being a title and not a person.
If you bring in a new actor might as well bring in a new black panther. why recast and have him play chadwick?

They are recasting the role eventually. It’s just a matter of when, who and how.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you bring in a new actor might as well bring in a new black panther. why recast and have him play chadwick? Bring in Nate Parker as Tchalla's cousin who is bit more firey like killomonger. have him challenge for the throne and become the next panther.

T'Challa is black panther

Batman is just a title and a mantle

but Bruce Wayne is Batman not the other characters who wore the custome

Spider-Man has be recast 3 times in the movies

T'challa already had to be revived twice in the MCU, now he gonna die off the screen, its stupid

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
They are recasting the role eventually. It’s just a matter of when, who and how.

I agree There will be a new Black Panther at some point in this continuity. but thats not the same as recasting. His name won't be t'challa, son of t'chaka. He will be a different person with his/her own backstory. Like when Jason Todd becomes Robin. He wasn't recast as dikk Grayson, he's a whole new character bearing the mantle.

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
So that's the end of Black Panther?

Instead of this symbolic gesture why not just donate the rights to black panther to a black ownded movie studio?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I agree There will be a new Black Panther at some point in this continuity. but thats not the same as recasting. His name won't be t'challa, son of t'chaka. He will be a different person with his/her own backstory. Like when Jason Todd becomes Robin. He wasn't recast as dikk Grayson, he's a whole new character bearing the mantle.

Totally. I’m guessing that they are going to use the multiverse as a way to bring in the new character and that’s why they aren’t doing so for BP2.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bring the True King back

tumblr_p84fetKkF11x3ocsmo8_400.gifv