Chadwick Boseman’s Black Panther character T’Challa will not be recast, Marvel confirms

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Totally. I’m guessing that they are going to use the multiverse as a way to bring in the new character and that’s why they aren’t doing so for BP2.
Thats interesting, I'd accept a recast if it was an alternate timeline version of T'challa :jbhmm:

much better than using a new actor to play the same character for no reason, when multiple people use the mantle anyway.

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
No
just means a different person will wear the suit.

I don't understand, if it won't be recasted then doesn't that mean they won't look for a replacement?
If they do recast it that would mean they would find a replacement, and then a different person would wear the suit, no?

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
This is how they need to do it:
Just like how the first BP had an opening that used a vibranium CG series of figures to give a summary of Wakanda's history, that same sequence can explain what happened since the first film.

T'challa got married, he had a child, but then he died from an illness. Now someone has to be the new black panther. T'challas child is too young so it falls on shuri to do it. Shes the one narrating the story to T'challa II. Shes also the one teaching him about wakandas history and technology.

By the second film he will be a teenager and by the third film a young adult. By the time he's an adult, he'll have inherited the genius of shuri, the power of t'challa, and the heart of Nakia. He will then be more in line with the character from the comics.

I'll take my money in cash Disney.

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I said they should bring Killmonger back. It was up a bit in the air that he actually died in the first place. Let him come back and struggle with being accepted but facing a threat to Wakanda and seeing that Shuri and TChalla made significant efforts with Black Americans. Makes him willing to help. As long as Shuri as Queen is helping black folks, Killmonger who has the mantle can do his thing. Black Panther doesnt have to be the King. Shuri can rule and he remains Black Panther. Shuri as BP is wack. The comic of her as BP is wack to me.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I don't understand, if it won't be recasted then doesn't that mean they won't look for a replacement?
If they do recast it that would mean they would find a replacement, and then a different person would wear the suit, no?
Exactly, but why limit the new actor to doing a chadwick impression when you don't have to? Black Panther is a mantle that is passed from warrior to warrior. The first film already established that anybody who challenges and wins is black panther. takes 5 seconds to say he lost in ritual combat to a new guy, thats not recasting. T'challa would still be dead in continuity.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
I said they should bring Killmonger back. It was up a bit in the air that he actually died in the first place. Let him come back and struggle with being accepted but facing a threat to Wakanda and seeing that Shuri and TChalla made significant efforts with Black Americans. Makes him more virtuous.
That was my first thought....If you need the star power to replace Chad, its obviously MBJ who many considered a solid equal in the first film.

Use Dr Strange's weirdo can do anything magic to find a alternate universe Killmonger who can get snatched up right before he dies and give him a opportunity to atone.....something like Arbiter did in halo 2.

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
RIP ro the good brother Chadwick, but dammit give us another actor for the black panther dammit! The kids need somebody to look up to. Even if it's tchala and suri going back to back on some antman and the wasp shyt. Can you imagine how influential that would be to black families?!

:mjcry: