Chadwick Boseman’s Black Panther character T’Challa will not be recast, Marvel confirms

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
MCU Black panther will be a mantle, Shuri will not be the last or only black panther....I read that was the plan even before Chadwick died-which makes sense of the reports that Chad was a lil upset with the MCU months before he died. The MCU wants to almost treat the BP like 007

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Marvel/Disney kind of push themselves in a corner because when it comes to Star Wars and Marvel movies, people intertwine the actors and characters to the point that those actors are now those characters.... It either CGI, or kill him off in the story....

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
all that means is they're gonna make shuri black panther and throw the series in the toilet

the white man switching out black Panthers just means he doesn't want to pay what's owed to an established actor in a franchise

meanwhile all them white bols been the same since day one

But none of them are dead. Chadwick is dead :dwillhuh:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Let shuri take the mantle for a film or two, then hand it over to another male character of royal blood with T'Challa giving his blessing in the spirit world

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The responses to this thread illustrate why they made this decision.

I was always cool with them replacing Chadwick, but people have a borderline irrational connection with Chadwick and that character so there’s nothing to be gained by pissing off your fans. :yeshrug:

Pretty much.....I doubt they will go the Crow route, casting a bunch of WTF's after Brandon passed. None of us thought Good Ol' Jack could be topped as the Joker, then Heath came along, and then Joaquin to give another great Joker performance. Just gotta find another actor that can live up to the role.

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
But none of them are dead. Chadwick is dead :dwillhuh:

An interracial lesbian power couple :ohhh:

Na, they need a Blue Marvel movie. Call up John David Washington or someone as Adam Brashear.

Man none these make sense
You know remember the flip phones?
Well back in the days when star trek with captain Kirk started they hard their like thing they would speak into and say "beam me up scotty".
The entire reason the beam up thing started in star trek was because it was too expensive graphic-wise to have the entire spaceship land on a planet, it was too graphics intensive and therefore too expensive. So they just beamed people down and up and saved loads of money in the process.

Also, in the process, that's flip thingi they spoke into is what inspired the flip phone, without star trek there would be no flip phone.