Chance The Rapper this young generations GREAT... I promise you

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
No surprise he was brilliant on TLOP and his performance on SNL was brilliant.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
I can show you receipts of Chance praise threads I made before this so you're wrong about this being because of Kanye. Sad he sounds like somebody unpopular outside of hip hop crowds, he is actually touching on real black issues. Meanwhile the big in hip hop/black crowds are artists like thugga/future just talking destruction
I dont care what he's touching on...I just said what he sounds like.

Rapping about social issues doesnt make you hot.
He raps like your typical college aged kid that took a few classes...not a big deal to me.

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
I can show you receipts of Chance praise threads I made before this so you're wrong about this being because of Kanye. Sad he sounds like somebody unpopular outside of hip hop crowds, he is actually touching on real black issues. Meanwhile the big in hip hop/black crowds are artists like thugga/future just talking destruction

Does he

Or does he just put on some activist front to sell records, which itself is an issue in the black community

personally, I don't like him because he jacked a slum sample. Trying to cop that underground rep from the beginning.

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
dude is fukking terrible

i listened to that acid tape and that "nyah nyah nyah nyah" shyt, dudes bump that with a straight face :what:

I didn't like Acid Rap - I thought it was immature and childish in the main. But that Surf - it's still fun but has a mature aspect to his rhymes that's brilliant. He's still playful but there's a serious side to everything now.

Hammer

Banned
Daps
voice flow and lyrics r pretty good

he just needs to make better songs like he did on Acid Rap

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
Does he

Or does he just put on some activist front to sell records, which itself is an issue in the black community

personally, I don't like him because he jacked a slum sample. Trying to cop that underground rep from the beginning.
Listen to his interview on Pharrell Apple show. This dude genuinely passionate imo. It's a music show and all dude wanted to talk about was police brutality, and with actual intelligence