Charlamagne Tha God's 2001 Rape Case Will Not Be Reopened - SC Ninth Circuit Solicitor

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I realize that

did he prove his innocence? :ohhh: I thought he just took a plea for the lesser charge? let me know
speaking of biased opinions... he didn't "prove innocence", they just reached a deal for certain charges (aka accepted guilt for certain charges rather than go to trial)

you dont "disprove" rape with a lack of DNA... rape means someone forced penetration, it doesn't mean someone came on you or broke their skin/hair off onto your body. DNA can go away (wiped off, condoms, or just no DNA transfer for whatever reason) but that doesn't mean penetration didn't occur.
He did not take a plea for a lesser charge. The original stat rape charge was disposed of via nol pro. Meaning the prosecution for whatever reason decided to not pursue the case any further. However he did admit to providing them alcohol so he was then charged with that and pled guilty.

Spacely Sparkus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nothing in that said anything about DNA evidence. Read your own link.
Ohh trust me i'm reading :manny:
Charlamagne Tha God Says, 'I Never Sexually Assaulted Anyone'

"For the record, officials had always maintained that Charlamagne cooperated with the investigation and took a DNA test ... which did not produce any evidence that he had sexual contact with the girl.

Charlamagne did, however, plead guilty to contributing to the delinquency of a minor due to underage kids (including the accuser) drinking alcohol at the party he threw. He was sentenced to probation"

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

"For the record, officials had always maintained that Charlamagne cooperated with the investigation and took a DNA test ... which did not produce any evidence that he had sexual contact with the girl.

Charlamagne did, however, plead guilty to contributing to the delinquency of a minor due to underage kids (including the accuser) drinking alcohol at the party he threw. He was sentenced to probation"

Alright, so you're illiterate. The district attorney spoke on record and never mentioned DNA evidence as stated in your original link.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
He did not take a plea for a lesser charge. The original stat rape charge was disposed of via nol pro. Meaning the prosecution for whatever reason decided to not pursue the case any further. However he did admit to providing them alcohol so he was then charged with that and pled guilty.
Yes he did.
do yall even read?

"The state allowed McKelvey to plea guilty to the lesser charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and agreed to dismiss the remaining charges against him."

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps

Some of y'all wished for the worst for him even w/ DNA evidence :scust:

The article in the Tweet is not the same article as the one you posted in here you need to post the real article.

there is no mention of DNA clearing his name.

"The state allowed McKelvey to plea guilty to the lesser charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and agreed to dismiss the remaining charges against him."

Daps

nolle prosse's are often parts of plea deals... they say we "wont pursue all these charges if you plea to this"

and he is better off if it went that way, otherwise double jeopardy may not apply and they may be able to charge him with it again if it wasn't considered as part of the plea deal (theoretically speaking since the DA seems to not want to do it anyway)

Spacely Sparkus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The article in the Tweet is not the same article as the one you posted in here you need to post the real article.

there is no mention of DNA clearing his name.

Just click the twitter link and read, I aint posting the paragraphs

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
speaking of biased opinions... he didn't "prove innocence", they just reached a deal for certain charges (aka accepted guilt for certain charges rather than go to trial)

you dont "disprove" rape with a lack of DNA... rape means someone forced penetration, it doesn't mean someone came on you or broke their skin/hair off onto your body. DNA can go away (wiped off, condoms, or just no DNA transfer for whatever reason) but that doesn't mean penetration didn't occur.

so you saying its a he say she say situation.. again my question is why believe he did it then? you are also saying he thought about all of that before he did it and that this was calculated. you are saying rape kits aren't that effective..

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
the article said they lessened the charge because the victim didnt cooperate. :francis:

no mention of dna clearing him.

he did that shyt :hubie:

he still admitted to getting a 15 year old drunk.....still :pacspit:

djkumbaya

Pro
Daps
yoooo, this dude definitely has some ties to someone who doesnt want him done. seems like there's no mention of DNA as to why the case got dropped (so its lookin like that tmz article is a farce), from the article in the OP, but just the alleged victim not cooperating

"The plea was negotiated because the alleged victim in the matter did not cooperate with the prosecutor," said Wilson in a statement. "The prosecutor made this agreement because of the victim's absence and the lack evidence available at the time. While the tools and technology of justice have evolved, in cases involving personal violence, the State must have the witness to prosecute. Too often, the key witness will not come forward in support of criminal prosecution. Trying a tough case is no problem; trying an impossible case is not ethical."

people in this thread treating a host of breakfast club as some sort of black community figure lol