Chic-Fil-A Backs Down, Stops Donating to Anti-Gay Causes, "Clarifies" Stance on Gays

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The Civil Rights Agenda

September 18, 2012 – Chicago, Illinois – The Civil Rights Agenda (TCRA), Illinois’ leading lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) civil rights advocacy organization, has learned that Alderman Moreno has finalized his negotiations with Chick-Fil-A. Alderman Moreno has confirmed that Chick-fil-A will no longer give money to anti-gay organizations and that they have clarified in an internal document that the company will treat every person equally, regardless of sexual orientation. The Civil Rights Agenda worked closely with the Alderman in an advisory role as he negotiated these concessions with the executives at Chick-fil-A. Additionally, members of TCRA spoke directly with executives at Chick-fil-A during negotiations to aid in educating their decision makers about anti-discrimination policies and issues affecting the LGBT community.

In a letter addressed to Alderman Moreno and signed by Chick-fil-A’s Senior Director of Real Estate, it states, “The WinShape Foundations is now taking a much closer look at the organizations it considers helping, and in that process will remain true to its stated philosophy of not supporting organizations with political agendas.” Winshape, a non-profit funded by Chick-fil-a, has donated millions of dollars to anti-LGBT groups, including some classified as hate groups. In meetings the company executives clarified that they will no longer give to anti-gay organizations.

“We are very pleased with this outcome and thank Alderman Moreno for his work on this issue,” said Anthony Martinez, executive director of The Civil Rights Agenda. “I think the most substantive part of this outcome is that Chick-fil-A has ceased donating to organizations that promote discrimination, specifically against LGBT civil rights. It has taken months of discussion, both with our organization and with the Alderman, for Chick-fil-A to come forward with these concessions and we feel this is a strong step forward for Chick-fil-A and the LGBT community, although it is only a step.”

I guess all that religious trumpeting didn't work. Maybe there is a gay conspiracy after all...

Dirty_Jerz

Ethiop
Daps
Reppin
the evils of truth, and love
Maybe there is a gay conspiracy after all...

maybe? :youngsabo:

once again homosexuals have forced their agenda to the tipping point even to a group that considers themselves anti-gay through their beliefs

since when did chik-fil-a even donate money to go against homosexuals? i thought they just didnt support gay marriage because they(the owners) are christians

i guess this means sometime in the near future there will be commercials with homosexuals eatin chicken sammiches drinkin pop making it look cool for the children :sitdown: why cant a major business refuse to support gays? :wtf:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can a city legally Barr an establishment from opening in it's jurisdiction based on their political views?

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
maybe? :youngsabo:

once again homosexuals have forced their agenda to the tipping point even to a group that considers themselves anti-gay through their beliefs

since when did chik-fil-a even donate money to go against homosexuals? i thought they just didnt support gay marriage because they(the owners) are christians

i guess this means sometime in the near future there will be commercials with homosexuals eatin chicken sammiches drinkin pop making it look cool for the children :sitdown: why cant a major business refuse to support gays? :wtf:

DRYOv.gif

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
They should go out of business. Ill never eat their demonic chicken again.

:bryan:

You support plenty of pro gay companies friend, let alone ones that adopt neutral stances on the matter. Apple, Microsoft, Google, Twitter, Facebook, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Chrysler, General Motors, Toyota....

Everything is so demonic, friend.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
:bryan:

You support plenty of pro gay companies friend, let alone ones that adopt neutral stances on the matter. Apple, Microsoft, Google, Twitter, Facebook, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Chrysler, General Motors, Toyota....

Everything is so demonic, friend.

Chic fil A lost my respect because instead of just selling food, the took a political stance and then flip flopped when put under pressure by demons. The owner of the company clearly has strong convictions that he is willing to vocalize but his true character shows when he backs down, for a dollar. Also, i havnt given a dime of my money to any of the companies above that you mention. If i go to chic fil a it will be to use the toilet and leave.

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
Chic fil A lost my respect because instead of just selling food, the took a political stance and then flip flopped when put under pressure by demons. The owner of the company clearly has strong convictions that he is willing to vocalize but his true character shows when he backs down, for a dollar. Also, i havnt given a dime of my money to any of the companies above that you mention. If i go to chic fil a it will be to use the toilet and leave.

:childplease:

You've never used a product/service by any of those companies, or increased their ad revenue through traffic? That might just be some of the biggest :duck: i've ever heard on this board. I don't believe you at all.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
:childplease:

You've never used a product/service by any of those companies, or increased their ad revenue through traffic? That might just be some of the biggest :duck: i've ever heard on this board. I don't believe you at all.

Microsoft doesnt come out and say *we want all human beings, white, black, gay, elderly* to use our products. They just sell a product and whoever buys it, buys it. They dont cater to special groups and for that, i cant say much but chick fil a? To me, i lose some respect for that company and it really sours the flavor of their products to take a stance and then back down to a demon. Its so demonic, friend. :yeshrug:

Im guessing you'll be eating at chic fil a more now?

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Wow. Chik Fil A have some fukkin integrity...

don't let the homosexuals continue to push their agenda on the country. I wonder, will ANYBODY actually STAND UP against their acts and NOT back down? Damn, they vilify anybody that says anything bad about them, make them to be the worst people on the world for not accepting and celebrating their lifestyle.