Chic-Fil-A Backs Down, Stops Donating to Anti-Gay Causes, "Clarifies" Stance on Gays

Mr. 1nighter

On my grown man steeze
Daps
Reppin
Columbus
Where is this research? The least you could do is post some sources that would contribute to the thread.

"Executives agreed in recent meetings to stop funding groups opposed to same-sex unions, including Focus on the Family and the National Organization for Marriage, according to Chicago Alderman Proco Joe Moreno."
Chick-fil-A to stop donating to anti-gay groups - latimes.com

NOM and FotF aren't organizations that support killing and arresting gays. They're mundane right-wing anti-gay organizations. And the info here is coming from an Alderman, which is to say the city government.

They funded African gov't's who were arresting and giving gays the death penalty. While on the cover and in America they don't.. they gave money to groups who do!

The rest of that is non news. They always have and always will treat gays as any other employees. They still don't support gay marriage and will continue to fund groups who also are against gay marriage and will do what they can to support politicians who are against it as well.

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
They funded African gov't's who were arresting and giving gays the death penalty. While on the cover and in America they don't.. they gave money to groups who do!

The rest of that is non news. They always have and always will treat gays as any other employees. They still don't support gay marriage and will continue to fund groups who also are against gay marriage and will do what they can to support politicians who are against it as well.

Again, though, do you have some sources for this? The articles I posted so far say that they have stopped donating to all organizations with a "political agenda."

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I was waiting for the typical "homosexuals pushing their agenda on everybody" post.. It only took 3 posts. Dirty Jerz you're a fukking moron. Me and you both know this. Major businesses CAN refuse to support gays, and then they're going to lose a fukk-ton of business and suffer public relations problems. This situation JUST happened to chic-fila (what the thread is about) when will you realize that most people in the US are okay with homosexuals. You're in the fringe minority.

Mr. 1nighter

On my grown man steeze
Daps
Reppin
Columbus
Again, though, do you have some sources for this? The articles I posted so far say that they have stopped donating to all organizations with a "political agenda."

Mayor: Chick-fil-A not 'Chicago' values

Chick-fil-A gets the boot

Blocking construction of Chick-fil-A Chick-fil-A, in a statement Thursday, affirmed the workplace protections. Friday, however, company President Dan Cathy denied the company has ceased making donations to groups that oppose gay marriage and said Chick-fil-A "made no such concessions."

"There continues to be erroneous implications in the media that Chick-fil-A changed our practices and priorities in order to obtain permission for a new restaurant in Chicago," Cathy said in a statement to Mike Huckabee, the former Republican presidential candidate who now runs a conservative website. "That is incorrect."

Chicago official asks Chick-fil-A to clarify gay marriage stance - CNN.com