Chigozi Obioma: There are no successful black nations

Is he right?

• Yes, if black people had a successful first world country, we'd be more respected

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • No, the world would hate us anyway

Votes: 45 51.7%

• Total voters

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Well, China is a good example.

People used to shyt on Chinese people but since the rise of China, they look at them differently now.

Don't think that's a great example. They can't even keep their women, I doubt they are much respected. China as a country, maybe but not Chinese people. They are still shytted on, especially in the US where whites treat them like shyt and take they females.

El Bajo Negro

Banned
Daps
Equatorial Guinea is doing very well right now.

Of course, it's so tiny that no one knows about it besides Spain. I'm the manager of a cold storage warehouse and we ship exports to Equatorial Guinea every month or so

But it's a dictatorship, so :patrice: does that mean that it is not successful after all?

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
Very difficult (if not impossible) to have a successful black country when cac supremacist nations ensure the perpetual poverty and political chaos within said black country with international debts, orchestrated coups, and appointed puppets posing as leadership figures.

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
They can't even keep their women, I doubt they are much respected. China as a country, maybe but not Chinese people. They are still shytted on, especially in the US where whites treat them like shyt and take they females.

The emboldened is an oxymoron. You can't respect a country without respecting the people. A country is just a dot on the map, people make up a country.

All immigrants get treated like shyt everywhere, even American immigrants get treated like shyt in the UK but that doesn't mean they don't respect the country. I've seen Americans shout, 'I'm American', and get told to STFU because no one cares.

cashews

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I strongly disagree with the premise that there are no successful black nations. The author seems to be conflating some of the most poorly run nations on the African continent with Africa as a whole. It'd be like pointing to Belarus in support of the argument that Europe has no successful nations. For an African, this guy has a remarkably surface-level view of African affairs.

Slangtonomo

Formerly Slang Dussain Ali
Daps
Reppin
www.weohh.com
Very difficult (if not impossible) to have a successful black country when cac supremacist nations ensure the perpetual poverty and political chaos within said black country with international debts, orchestrated coups, and appointed puppets posing as leadership figures.

At some point in spite of interference, a entity must demand its respect. Whte supremacy be damned, some black nation must become a world power.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Equatorial Guinea is doing very well right now.

Of course, it's so tiny that no one knows about it besides Spain. I'm the manager of a cold storage warehouse and we ship exports to Equatorial Guinea every month or so

But it's a dictatorship, so :patrice: does that mean that it is not successful after all?
Lmaooooooo no it’s not doing wellll lmaooook

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
At some point in spite of interference, a entity must demand its respect. Whte supremacy be damned, some black nation must become a world power.

I agree but when we're dealing with 3rd world countries entrapped in poverty, outside influences take advantage of that situation and are able to twist a lot of arms and make beneficial deals for them.

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
The emboldened is an oxymoron. You can't respect a country without respecting the people. A country is just a dot on the map, people make up a country.

All immigrants get treated like shyt everywhere, even American immigrants get treated like shyt in the UK but that doesn't mean they don't respect the country. I've seen Americans shout, 'I'm American', and get told to STFU because no one cares.

Talking about oxymorons, you literally just used one in your example :snoop:

even American immigrants get treated like shyt in the UK but that doesn't mean they don't respect the country

Chinese are not really respected (higher status). If they were, they would:

a) Be able to get women (of all races) fairly easily
b) Be able to keep their own women

Both of which they can't do. They are not seen as masculine, dominant, or important. Basically the men would be equivalent to (today's) white males. China is respected only insofar as it has nukes and cheap shyt to buy and to export our crappy products into.

The closest example of an Asian country that is genuinely respected is Japan and maybe Korea after that. Japanese men have built a first world society in less than 50 years and don't let whites take their women in their own country.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Talking about oxymorons, you literally just used one in your example :snoop:

Chinese are not really respected (higher status). If they were, they would:

a) Be able to get women (of all races) fairly easily
b) Be able to keep their own women

Both of which they can't do. They are not seen as masculine, dominant, or important. Basically the men would be equivalent to (today's) white males. China is respected only insofar as it has nukes and cheap shyt to buy and to export our crappy products into.

The closest example of an Asian country that is genuinely respected is Japan and maybe Korea after that. Japanese men have built a first world society in less than 50 years and don't let whites take their women in their own country.
You conflate respect with getting women

That’s sad.

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
The problems with a lot of black dominated countries is that there is no real cooperation.

Black people only care to unite as a defensive means against other nations or people. But once those oppositions are gone, people go right back to hating and stunting on each other rather than building together.

Last edited: