Chilla Jones vs. B. Magic

MIAlien

#FactsOnly
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wade County
I don't see how you guys enjoy Chilla's associated wordplay shyt better than Magic's similes and and double entendres. Chilla is just saying alot of shyt that sounds like other shyt. Magic is actually giving you double meanings. Chilla has extended schemes, but Magic has punch after punch in rapid succession. Magic does the associative stuff too, but it's not the only thing he does and it's not his main weapon.

It's not Chilla's fault, but that style is played. SO many people do that and it's tiring. I get it, animal name, animal name, animal name, line to tie it all together. Not many people do what Magic does, and no one does it as much, with as much skill, and at the pace he does it. Daylyt is the closest as far as I can remember and he's hit or miss.

Magic's problem is that he doesn't slow down, change it up, or get personal. Chilla's problem is that he's the master of a style that has gotten old already.

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
If you dear snake my dogs I otter gopher broke :krs: tell me I'm not the only one who missed that :to:

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Consistency wins close rounds for me. 2-1 Magic but a debatable battle nonetheless. This is gonna end up being the best year for battling in a minute

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Bbwlover504

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think chill just went over everybody's head. He won round 1and2 to me in my opinion. And his third was fire to without the choke

Big D Bangston

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bama born and bred
I don't see how you guys enjoy Chilla's associated wordplay shyt better than Magic's similes and and double entendres. Chilla is just saying alot of shyt that sounds like other shyt. Magic is actually giving you double meanings. Chilla has extended schemes, but Magic has punch after punch in rapid succession. Magic does the associative stuff too, but it's not the only thing he does and it's not his main weapon.

It's not Chilla's fault, but that style is played. SO many people do that and it's tiring. I get it, animal name, animal name, animal name, line to tie it all together. Not many people do what Magic does, and no one does it as much, with as much skill, and at the pace he does it. Daylyt is the closest as far as I can remember and he's hit or miss.

Magic's problem is that he doesn't slow down, change it up, or get personal. Chilla's problem is that he's the master of a style that has gotten old already.

I love schemes in battle rap, i dont have a problem with them as long as they are well thought out and not forced.

Chilla's boxer scheme was crazy.:king:

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let me find out this board turned elitest with battle rap, name flips and punchlines aint hot no more? nikka if you want song lyrics listen to songs, this is battling, fukk a joe budden. No wonder this board thought Tay Roc lost to Cortez. But in the room Tay and B magic won. Wat yall gonna claim NY bias with bmore and st louis cats? B magic clearly won, though it was close 2-1. Theres a reason btw that JC was the one chosen for top tier battles and not Chilla. Its cause one has it all pretty much no homo and one has schemes. Which by the way are forced sometimes imo

Black

GOAT
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ/FL
Let me find out this board turned elitest with battle rap, name flips and punchlines aint hot no more? nikka if you want song lyrics listen to songs, this is battling, fukk a joe budden. No wonder this board thought Tay Roc lost to Cortez. But in the room Tay and B magic won. Wat yall gonna claim NY bias with bmore and st louis cats? B magic clearly won, though it was close 2-1. Theres a reason btw that JC was the one chosen for top tier battles and not Chilla. Its cause one has it all pretty much no homo and one has schemes. Which by the way are forced sometimes imo

you make valid points can't front. :ehh:

Bone$

Dynasty Continues...
Daps
Has to just come down to preference.. If you can can rightfully watch these rounds and be mind blown by some shyt Nyggas like Cass was doing ten years ago, then fukk it...them sons Nyggas do that shyt way better anyway, Ehh.. Chilla 3-0*

And no its not just name flips and like bars in 2012... And to keep it funky there is a reason chilla has potential to be top tier, while magic would have died in front of tsu or t, x fact, verb etc. with them like bars..

MIAlien

#FactsOnly
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wade County
Has to just come down to preference.. If you can can rightfully watch these rounds and be mind blown by some shyt Nyggas like Cass was doing ten years ago, then fukk it...them sons Nyggas do that shyt way better anyway, Ehh.. Chilla 3-0*

And no its not just name flips and like bars in 2012... And to keep it funky there is a reason chilla has potential to be top tier, while magic would have died in front of tsu or t, x fact, verb etc. with them like bars..
Chilla has that potential because he's shown the ability to adapt. He's shown he can do rebuttals, open rounds with themes, break down his opponent's style, and get personal. He's running out of time to mold that all together and bodybag an actual name decisively.

B-Magic had numerous chances to grow and adapt, and he hasn't. He's one-dimensional. What you see is what you get. He's great at what he does, but he'll never beat a rapper that is well rounded and gets personal.

B-Magic and Heartless is what Chilla could become if he doesn't switch it up more often. If he DOES, then he could become a better version of Charlie Clips. He still puts me to sleep with his delivery though.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
I'm not gonna lie... a lot of the sh*t chilla said went over my head first listen.

"I'll take the eagle and pair it/parrot and watch it talk to you" :russ:

The whole animal schemes was crazy. nikka is a problem. Big T vs Chilla would be :ohlawd: