China tries — and fails — to build its own Manhattan

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
I would like to make the disclaimer that I said that anybody willing to put in the work. Not everybody is made to make it breh. :manny:
man, disclaimer or not, a lot of the game is rigged
some exceptional people make it but it ain't anybody

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
ok, just got through checking chinese news. man this is why I cant stand western media man. these nikkas aren't even half way through building the fukking city yet. why would people be moving in right now? to listen to construction all day? this a fukking mess, chinese never move or commit, until completion they dont work on credit,most shyt is loan or cash, they're a 'buy now' culture. shyt won't be done for another 5 years, why the fukk would you put money into it now. this shyt was misleading. :camby:

:aicmon: I know you love Zhongguo but stop being in denial breh. Thems is ghost towns:

tumbleweed-o.gif

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
man, disclaimer or not, a lot of the game is rigged
some exceptional people make it but it ain't anybody

At the top level yes, on the ground level it's 100% grind. How many calls are you willing to make? How many stocks are you willing to review? How many pitches are you able to make in a day to investment funds? How many real estate deals are you looking to review? How long are you willing to eyeball the stock price ticker until it hits the exact moment you want to buy/sell? At the bottom level, it's ALL GRIND, which means it's ALL YOU. If you not willing to grind, then I agree, it's not gonna happen for you.

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
At the top level yes, on the ground level it's 100% grind. How many calls are you willing to make? How many stocks are you willing to review? How many pitches are you able to make in a day to investment funds? How many real estate deals are you looking to review? How long are you willing to eyeball the stock price ticker until it hits the exact moment you want to buy/sell? At the bottom level, it's ALL GRIND, which means it's ALL YOU. If you not willing to grind, then I agree, it's not gonna happen for you.
ok:manny:

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
how many ghost towns have you been too, which are complete. name names.

I just got back from living in Chengyang which is supposedly a ghost town....and it's not.

Yes breh, because I stopped to hang out in a ghost town. :dead: I used to hop on a bus from Shenzhen to Dongxing, 12 hour drive breh, I saw quite a few with the cranes around with nobody in the houses and now windows. I took that trip almost 10 times in the 18 months more or less I was in Asia and nothing changed. You are not living in reality breh. Wo xihuan China too, but they got issues on the real estate side of things, they are gonna have to pay the piper sooner or later, or go to war like America does. :manny:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Yes breh, because I stopped to hang out in a ghost town. :dead: I used to hop on a bus from Shenzhen to Dongxing, 12 hour drive breh, I saw quite a few with the cranes around with nobody in the houses and now windows. I took that trip almost 10 times in the 18 months more or less I was in Asia and nothing changed. You are not living in reality breh. Wo xihuan China too, but they got issues on the real estate side of things, they are gonna have to pay the piper sooner or later, or go to war like America does. :manny:
my nikka if you see cranes, that means they're not finished buildings. :dead:

there's lots of faults with china, but ACTUAL ghost towns aint one of them. Chengyang was supposedly going to be a ghost town and as soon as it was complete it became a thriving city. THAT is why I want to know where the new cities are. They're usually built more modern, very clean since they are new, you can get them for cheap, they're very quiet, and you beat the rush. Chengyang was such a peaceful brand new place. I had no neighbors on either side the first 2 months, I was blasting music at 2am. 2 months later, summer started and chinese started moving in, then the shyt got all congested, hearing chinese yelling, fukking, the peace was gone.

To westerners a dead chinese city is a suburban city in america, its like they expect every city to be shenzhen, man I would fukking hope not. Im back in Shenzhen and I got a fukking headache. these nikkas are drilling and craning at fukking 5am. there's people fukking everywhere its like NY every where you go. fukk that shyt. Give me a chengyang any day, I can't imagine having dozens of NYs all over the place can be healthy, both mentally and physically. f

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
The irony is that are trying to re-create Manhattan in China.......................................
when China owns a nice swath of commercial real estate in Manhattan, NY itself.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Tianjin or Manhattan-jin?
manhattan jin. can you read a little bit of chinese? or have a translator?

take a look at baidu, its not even close to completion. you'd have to be a fukking fool to be moving in right now. do you know how much noise you'll be hearing? where are you going to eat? china doesn't have noise regulation so they drill literally 24 hours. nikka fukk that, I wouldnt move either. You wait until its done then you move in fast. bet by 2020 that shyt will be striving.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
NYC became NYC because it was an immigration hub, it was cheap and was an industrialization hub not because of "a hustler's spirit" :mjlol:

And it's the city it is today because of immigration and the small businesses they created which fostered an environment where other people could come and do the same or a "hustler's spirt" if you like.

I would die in laughter and tears if I knew the cities more than half of you lived in. Where in flyoverlandia do you live?

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
And it's the city it is today because of immigration and the small businesses they created which fostered an environment where other people could come and do the same or a "hustler's spirt" if you like.

That's not a "hustler spirit" thats "cost of living" and "industrialization"

I actually lived in NYC for a long time and not Yonkers like you :mjlol:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
when they say NYC, I think they mean population size, density, and businesses. When you have 1.5 billion, you don't need immigrants, you just need people from rural areas to move in and for those chinese that live like mexicans to spread out.

China is an ancient homogeneous old world country, it'll never have a new world feel. Shanghai is the closest thing, and it's still chinese by nature.