CHIRAQ trailer (spike lee joint)

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
saw the movie last night, 6.5/10. Its funny as fukk but it has those moments in it.

Teyonnah Paris showed them hams too.

I been sticking up for Spike Lee/this movie heavy in this thread. I am a fan of A LOT of his previous work. But I might have to reverse myself, the first song for this movie is all types of terrible not only sonically but theme wise. I cannot co-sign.

This Terrible New Song From Spike Lee's Chi-Raq Can't Possibly Be Real
i knew they made some post production edits.

They changed the beginning of the song to something even more current.

I recommend this movie.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
saw the movie last night, 6.5/10. Its funny as fukk but it has those moments in it.

Teyonnah Paris showed them hams too.

i knew they made some post production edits.

They changed the beginning of the song to something even more current.

I recommend this movie.

:ehh:

Millions

Carolina Crook
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ruff Raleigh, North Carolina
goin to peep this shyt tonight looks :trash: though but Wesley da Gawd gone get my support ....

gone be off da loud to enhance my experience...

Dont think this gone be fukin with Creed...

KBadd

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
P.G.
I saw it today and I'm not exaggerating, it might be one of the five worst movies I've ever paid to see.

I don't even know where to start. I almost walked out but stayed just in case something happened at the end to give it some redeeming quality but nope.

Pure garbage.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Don't know what you guys are talking about but this looks great. And Nick Cannon looks like one of those rare cases where its the last person you expected to be in the lead role because of the actor's personality but the actor ends up proving people wrong. Like from this i can see Nick putting on a great performance.

Remember the actor's personality or how corny they act or whatever doesn't mean they can't do a great job. Look at 50 he is one of the realest street dudes out there but lets be honest we all know if he was in the lead he would give horrible acting.

THe lead sista is :lawd:

has even more sexier pics on her instagram

Last edited:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

after seeing that clip @1994NY posted I'm :patrice:

That scene seems like exaggeration to me. I don't mind the premise of the movie of the women giving up sex unless their men give up violence but this kind of talk in this clip is over the top.

hope this is not a case of a trailer end up being better than a movie.

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
I know when this was first announced that folks were not going to like it thinking it was going to be something that it's not. So far... the only criticism I agree with is the casting of Nick Cannon... He's not a bad actor at all, he was solid in that flick Weapons with Paul Dano and Mark Webber. But his antics have put him in the clown category... Will wait to see this before I judge him tho..

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
Spike dropped another classic... c00ns aint gonna be happy. All that energy yhey spent trying to tear down an acomplished black man before they even saw the movie.

Breh imma tear down a movie that's got blood n crip lookin nikkas beefin in south side chicago:francis:

Spike took NO time researching what's actually going on.

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Getting good reviews :leon:

November 23, 2015
It's a shattering, thunderous wake-up alarm, a call to lay down arms, a gutsy social satire and a highly stylized work of fiction that sometimes feels as accurate and sobering as the crime reporting you see on the front page of this newspaper.
- Richard Roeper

Its early, but 83% on RT. Most of the reviews saying its Spike's best film in a decade. :ehh:

Son Of Baldwin on twitter said white critics love it/black critics hate it. dont know how true that is. anyone see and love this movie? apparently this movie is for cacs?