Chris Cuomo allegedly called Angela Rye ‘tinsel crotch’ and sent unwanted sexual texts— claims network axed her after confronting him

GooPunch

Pro
Daps
:dahell: Um... she posted a pic with tinsel on her crotch.
OR0vUPRl.png

"YOU GOT TINSEL ON YOUR CROTCH" :damn:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
That's an inappropriate joke for sure. But that wouldn't be anything more than a handslap if reported. To try and elevate that to him sexually harrassing her is insane to me and does a disservice to women who legit get sexually harrassed.

It's also what makes it hard working with women at times. If you tone things too much they will complain that they are being treated as not one of the guys or that they are being left out. But then if you do joke around them you put yourself at risk of them turning it around and saying they were made to feel unsafe or sexually harrassed.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

God I hated that shyt.

The first time he teared up I distinctly remember telling brehs on the Coli to give him a pass because I thought it was an isolated incident.

Then he made it his shtick, nikka was crying every goddamn time he appeared on the channel for any and every reason. My baby Abby Phillips was starting to look at him like a straight B I T C H live on air. shyt was embarrassing

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

WAIT ...

WAS TINSEL CROTCH THE ONLY
THING HE SAID TO HER?

I ASSUMED THEIR WERE
OTHER INDECENT TEXTS OR PASSES MADE.

:devil:
:evil:

She insinuated that there were other incidents and I guess the text was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

But even if that was the only thing he sent her it was wild inappropriate considering..

1). He’s a MARRIED man

2). Social Media is social media and work is work. Him liking the POST would have been nothing. Maybe commenting under the POST (again as MARRIED man) would have been nothing. But to screenshot it, send it to her via text with the verbiage he used was wrong. Period.

Also from her viewpoint, she has he had been pushing to make her a permanent commentator on his show, which would have made him HER boss. One of the most powerful analysts with, what was at the time THE most popular show on the network sending that text when they were allegedly in negotiations for her to join the show is HORRIBLE optics and a bad way to even begin a professional relationship. Dude wasn’t pushing for her to be on his show because she added anything professionally, he was trying to make her his work place sidepiece. Thats got to be hella insulting to ANY woman let alone Angela Rye