Chris Jericho Currently Embodies Everything That He Used To Complain About In WCW

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
when was Jericho ever a draw??

Subscribers to New Japan Pro-Wrestling's online streaming service increased by some 40% in the run-up to Wrestle Kingdom 12 (via Yahoo Japan).

The most impressive part of the announcement, made today by broadcaster TV Asahi, is the unprecedented gains made in the international market. In addition to a strong domestic performance, the promotion has presided over an 80% rise in overseas membership.

Business has been particularly strong in the United States, where subscriber numbers have shot up by 60%. This is despite WWE's ongoing stranglehold over the wrestling market in the English-speaking world.

For the most part, the spike has been attributed to the drawing power of Chris Jericho, a household name in North America. The ex-WCW star made his debut at WK 12 last month, fighting Kenny Omega in one of the most widely-anticipated wrestling matches in recent memory.

But NJPW has also talked up the importance of recruiting new fans directly. The company says it experienced a 15% increase in membership off the back of holding shows in Los Angeles last year, something it intends to do again in 2018 with Strong Style Evolved.

NJPW Business Booms After Chris Jericho's Debut

:yeshrug:

GOAT

Daps
Reppin
NULL
youre in the minority of their base then.

their buzz was huge before Jericho signed on.
Nah, same for me.

There's a reason AEW has him front and center on every promotion and headlining every event

methodz

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think Jericho is there forcing himself to be the person on top. It is more of a desicion which helps put the company on the map. I see him eventually letting the young guns take over at his expense. Dude is passionate and knows what it takes for the company to prevail.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas

they didn't poll anybody. theyre just talking out their ass.

that spike is because of the bullet club.

Nah, same for me.

There's a reason AEW has him front and center on every promotion and headlining every event

of course theyre gonna put familiar faces for non-fans front & center.

that doesn't mean that hes the one drawing.

theyre doing the numbers they did, with or without Jericho.
and you can start with "All In" where Jericho wasn't on the bill at all, and made a surprise appearance.

replace jericho with say a mysterio or a flabby RVD and you get the same results or better.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
shyt take from someone who’s the front runner for WPOY. Both of his names have equally shytty takes/posts.

says the guy who disappeared out of that other thread after I called you out for not knowing what youre talking about.
of course youre gonna pop up in here with an agenda.

as for a WPOY, I don't even know about such a poll. if im nominated, I should've been tagged, but hey this place is crawling with cowards so nothing surprises me.
I created that concept, by the way. you should pay homage to my name whenever you even mention such a thing.

GOAT

Daps
Reppin
NULL
they didn't poll anybody. theyre just talking out their ass.

that spike is because of the bullet club.

and you can start with "All In" where Jericho wasn't on the bill at all, and made a surprise appearance.

replace jericho with say a mysterio or a flabby RVD and you get the same results or better.
:mjlol: What? The Bullet Club was there for years. How on Earth do they account for a spike specifically heading into and following WK12 when it was announced Jericho would be there? You're the one talking out of your ass here. And making no sense at that

:mjlol: This nikka is special

Last edited:

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
:mjlol: What? The Bullet Club was there for years. How on Earth do they account for a spike specifically heading into and following WK12 when it was announced Jericho would be there? You're the one talking out of your ass here. And making no sense at that

cut the chit.

the article is focusing in on their subscription service, which they barely advertised beforehand or at all.

of course the numbers are gonna go up. hell, ive been following new japan for going on 6 years and I didn't even know they had a service until then.

GOAT

Daps
Reppin
NULL
cut the chit.

the article is focusing in on their subscription service, which they barely advertised beforehand or at all.

of course the numbers are gonna go up. hell, ive been following new japan for going on 6 years and I didn't even know they had a service until then.
:mjlol: They had their subscription service for YEARS before the Jericho appearance. Then all of a sudden Jericho comes, and the numbers go up 60%...but the Bullet Club did that? fukk outta here. You're going out of your way to hate for some reason. Everyone, including Meltzer and other insiders acknowledge Jericho's appearance gave them a huge spike.

I can see why you're a perennial WOAT candidate.