Chris Paul Feels "The Rockets Stabbed Him In The Back"

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
His nasty attitude stabbed him in the back. Injury prone ornery ass player making $40mil a year? They did what the majority of teams would do

FOH. He wants to win. And he didn’t appreciate harden lazy ass pounding the rock for 20 seconds than kicking it out to him to bail him out. Or Harden standing like a statue while CP operated. If anything blame Harden. Morey doesn’t do anything without his approval. He was behind Melo being cut and the CP3 trade

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
You do realize that common workers aren’t capped on any earnings and that even the best player can only make X amount under a contract and that only a certain number of players can make X amounts right? Fkn idiot.
Again players are capped because the wishes of the owners to protect themselves and their bottomline.
Why should a player take less money than they can command for the benefit of the owner or so their co-workers can get a raise?
Would you do that?

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean Morey gave him a deal when no one else was going to give him anywhere near the value. The clippers weren’t resigning Paul. They were happy that Houston gave them that package.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
They did Melo dirty.

:francis:

There were 28 other teams that had an opportunity to pick him up, including players from teams that were outspoken about Melo being "done dirty" (Lebron, Wade, and CJ McCollum all said something). Why didn't they put in a good work for Melo to sign with the Lakers, Heat, or Blazers? Especially Lebron, who is the de-facto GM? It's cause they saw exactly why Melo has been passed around like he has. He is trash on defense, and hasn't adjusted his game in any way. How has Vince Carter in his 40s been more of a factor and was able to change his game unlike Melo???

Also, Rockets didn't do Paul dirty, Paul's hamstring did the Rockets dirty. If Paul last year was the same player he was the season they went 65-17, there's a big chance he's not even traded. They made the right move in regards to a 34 declining guy going forward.

It's still fukk Tilman Fertitta though, for different reasons.

Last edited:

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I can't feel too sorry for Chris considering he got that huge contract that everybody knew he wouldn't have received if not for a backdoor deal that was made before the trade. That's the consequences of getting that fat contract. Stabbing him in the back would've been not offering him all that money and letting him hit free agency.
People forget about the bolded. They really did live up to their side when everybody was saying :camby: to it . Anything after is business

Now Harden saying he knows what has to be done(trading CP) after they got eliminated was grimey:scust:

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
If my success was driven by some mystical salary cap at my job and I had guaranteed long term prospects to prosper while taking a pay cut then yes absolutely. You’re still comparing apples to oranges, the cap is there to make sure every team can’t just out pay everyone else to be competitive year in and year out. AGAIN because you seem to be very thick headed, the reason it’s there is so some rich billionaire can’t just out pay everyone else and rule the league, that doesn’t happen in private business, you just repeatedly asking the same question means you can’t comprehend the single fkn onus presented which is YOU CANT COMPARE A TEAM WITH 15 PLAYERS VERSUS A PRIVATE BUSINESS WITH HUNDREDS OF EMPLOYEES :snoop:
You wasting your time. The guy you arguing is in the 10 stupidest people on this site. Along with the Melo supporters .

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bro, there’s 15 spots on the team and you’re limited to how much you can pay all 15. In a regular work setting there is no limit to how much you can pay all your employees. Not even GSW was willing to go over the luxury cap to field a championship team a 4th season. That means your comparison has ZERO correlation, go take some classes on economics or some shyt.
Nah breh. There's really no difference between salary cap and a budget limit. Your job is only spending a certain amount of money on employee salary, they aren't just throwing random amounts of money out.

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Daps
LOL, my success in working is only measured by how much money I can command on the free market.
My ability to command top dollar verifies that I am a success.
The same for any worker, including athletes.
You are worth what someone will pay you, only simple minded fans, think athletes should care more about your own personal entertainment than their financial well being.

Bruh you not on it with this one. No ones knocking him for taking the most money but that comes at the expense of fielding the most competitive team possible. IMO he made the right decision but it’s directly why he got traded.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Bruh you not on it with this one. No ones knocking him for taking the most money but that comes at the expense of fielding the most competitive team possible. IMO he made the right decision but it’s directly why he got traded.
LOL, its not his job to field a competitive team, that is the Team , GM's job.
His job is to play to the best of his ability so, to the point, where his services require top dollar. He did that.
The only thing he is saying is that the GM, Morey is two faced. If he didn't want him, tell him in his face the plan, don't lie to him.