"City Lights" by Charlie Chaplin (The Coli Movie Club)

Kings County

Law III | Law XXV | Law XV
Daps
Reppin
The Roman Empire
You can't call a movie "ass" if you've never seen it, breh. Feel free to skip a week if you don't want to watch it.

But the point of a club like this, IMO, is to watch films you might not otherwise watch.

And in particular films that, if you consider yourself a cinephile or a movie buff or whatever, you absolute must see.

City Lights is one of those films.

If you just want to keep watching the same thing over and over, go right ahead....no one is stopping you.
bruh nikkas aint even speaking i aint that deep into the culture :wtf:

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
OMG it is a silent movie?? :deadmanny::deadrose::dead:

Come on breh, this is like torture.:stopitslime: Alright I will check it out. Open my horizons and shyt.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
bruh nikkas aint even speaking i aint that deep into the culture :wtf:

So since you're not deep into it breh wouldn't this be the time for you to dive in? We haven't had all "cultural" flicks..I mean it's been The Family, Clue, Uncle Sam, Death Wish, Strange Days, Barton Fink and now City Lights. Of the 7, only 2 of them are even esteemed flicks in the world of film. The rest are all popcorn flicks that you'll either like or dislike with Death Wish being the closest to pop culture milestone. I wouldn't be watching The Family, Uncle Sam or Strange Days if not for this club and that's kinda the point

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
OMG it is a silent movie?? :deadmanny::deadrose::dead:

Come on breh, this is like torture.:stopitslime: Alright I will check it out. Open my horizons and shyt.

"Silent" movies have music......it's hardly torture.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Thats why I didnt sign up. I knew these wierdo cacs would drop the wackest shyt ever.

Charlie Chaplin dog :mjlol:

We can't watch Belly or Paid In Full every week

paidinfull96rtp.gif

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Thats why I didnt sign up. I knew these wierdo cacs would drop the wackest shyt ever.

Ah that's right I forgot that the color of my skin (black if you're wondering) dictates the type of movies I should like. My bad breh, tell me more:isthatall:

sun raw

All Star
Daps

Ahaha I like how Chaplin is considered 'wierdo' [sic]. Only white people can appreciate Charlie Chaplin, which is why Eddie Murphy cited him as one of his biggest influences and called him one of the best comic minds of all time.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Ahaha I like how Chaplin is considered 'wierdo' [sic]. Only white people can appreciate Charlie Chaplin, which is why Eddie Murphy cited him as one of his biggest influences and called him one of the best comic minds of all time.

Oh you didn't know breh? Eddie Murphy is white. Because white people appreciate people like Chaplin and buster Keaton and Jerry Lewis but as black people we don't have that capacity for understanding. When Eddie Murphy said Jerry Lewis was someone he looked up to and worshipped that's when I realized he's white:troll:

• Dap
Reactions: HHR