CJ McCollum Says Klay is Bouncing Win or Lose

Does Klay Want His Own Squad?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ThaBoyBam

You don't respect your jaw!
Daps
isnt Klay like 28? He's already getting $20+ his next contract. He has no reason to leave. Be on the most popular NBA team, win rings every season until he retires? easy

Basically what his dad said on 97.5 out this way.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Tell me who are the top 3 most important players on the Warriors now? Who gets talked about? Who gets credit for their success? Yall know I dont fukk with Draymond at all but you're lying if you're tryna claim that Klay isnt 4th in the collective tier list now. shyt even Iggy got shine w a FMVP.

And lol at me wishing for this, as if I made CJ and Tmac spark this convo. If Im hoping for the Warriors to fall apart, there's a hell of a lot bigger things to wish for than Klay Thompson leaving :jagfan:
Now you're moving goalposts. I quoted you when you said option. Now it's importance :francis:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Kg pierce and ray plus rondo were going strong until their 30s even with injuries
I think these guys if they stick together for 6 years can win four titles
The Nuggets are still a Bad matchup for them. They were lucky Portland squeezed in instead of Denver.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
He just turned 27 couple months ago, perfect time to go carve out his own legacy in his prime, if that's what he wants.

Or he might be satisfied just being Dennis Johnson, idk :manny:

I actually think he's gone for sure if they dont win this season
He's 27 and quite frankly I don't think he gives a fukk about what his "legacy" is.

With that said, I remember someone said if Boston ever offered the #1 pick to Golden State for Klay, that's a deal both sides couldn't turn down.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Yes they can. Why do people say this? Golden State could do it, but it's hard to justify if they're not winning rings, so the only way they won't pay is if they don't win and if they don't win, something has to give anyway.

They obviously can pay all 4, but realistically paying 100+ mil in luxury taxes a figure that will escalate with the repeater tax is gonna cost them a lot of dough.Klay is more expendable than draymond.Having 4 players making roughly 28-35 mil each hinders their ability to win long term.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
They obviously can pay all 4, but realistically paying 100+ mil in luxury taxes a figure that will escalate with the repeater tax is gonna cost them a lot of dough.Klay is more expendable than draymond.Having 4 players making roughly 28-35 mil each hinders their ability to win long term.
so like I said, if they keep winning, it can be justified. If they all of a sudden start hiccuping in the WCF's or something like that, it's easier to move parts. You can't move to a new arena in SF, charge everyone obscene amounts, come up off multiple titles and then say "we're cutting costs!"