Classics Discussion: Kool G Rap & DJ Polo; Kool G Rap

Which of these Kool G Rap & DJ Polo; Kool G Rap albums are classic?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
If G Rap is denied a classic I'm legit ending this series

I refuse to entertain the foolery of this forum

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
If G Rap is denied a classic I'm legit ending this series

I refuse to entertain the foolery of this forum

just because he's G Rap doesn't mean he's entitled to a classic. You can be a great rapper and not make a classic album. Happens more than you think.

With that said, if someone said Road to The Riches, I wouldn't take issue with it.

Top 5 G Rap songs

On The Run (Trackmasters remix)
Talk Like Sex
First nikka (Premo remix)
Fast Life
Ghetto Knows
6th man: Riker's Island

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
just because he's G Rap doesn't mean he's entitled to a classic. You can be a great rapper and not make a classic album. Happens more than you think.

With that said, if someone said Road to The Riches, I wouldn't take issue with it.

Top 5 G Rap songs

On The Run (Trackmasters remix)
Talk Like Sex
First nikka (Premo remix)
Fast Life
Ghetto Knows
6th man: Riker's Island

yeah sure I see your point, but that applies imo to someone like BDK, who's discog across the board is nothing more than decent. G Rap actually deserves a classic, especially with Live & Let Die

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
WHOA...Big Daddy has a classic though, maybe two - Long Live The Kane definitely though.

Yeah probably LLTK actually but that's about it. G Rap has better albums.

I know that isn't what the discussion is about but how can Live & Let Die NOT be a classic? It is influential as hell and has the quality too.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Yeah probably LLTK actually but that's about it. G Rap has better albums.

I know that isn't what the discussion is about but how can Live & Let Die NOT be a classic? It is influential as hell and has the quality too.

Okay, imma have to go there...

I've been listening to rap music all my life, mayne...but yet and still, I didn't know who Kool G Rap was until
my mid-teens...and I was pretty up on my chit. There isn't that much that got by me, especially if it was mainstream
or common knowledge.

So if Kool G Rap was that major and I don't know his work, i'd be hard-pressed to call any of it "classic" in this discussion.
I know he was influential because I've heard that from (many) other rappers' mouths, and I know he is great because I've
gone back and listened to some of his work - but I've never heard of anyone (much less a bunch of people, which is what
this discussion is about) speak about a particular album of his being his magnum opus, or being in the realm of the elite
albums.

Like - I know the "greatest songs" of Kool G Rap...but I couldn't tell you what albums they were on.
Any album can't be classic, if the lions' share of folks don't know that chit.

That's why I fell back from voting in this thread.