CNN: "Isn’t it interesting that some of those calling most loudly for the BOYCOTT of The Woman King ARE BLACK MEN?"

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
I haven’t seen anyone boycotting it. I’ve only seen people say it’s inaccurate. I swear people see 3 people make valid complaints about something and all of a sudden it’s a gender war. How do people not get tired of this.

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
This reaction is expected. There will always be a Black face backed by a White media conglomerate trying to shame Black men for not supporting something they put out that some of us find repugnant. For some it is a feminist triumph piece showing strong women winning battles against men, and it makes them feel powerful to watch it. For some it is a misrepresentation of what the tribe was really about and the attempt to make the tribe out to be the heroes is something we can't support. Some of us feel respecting our ancestors who were enslaved by the Dahomey is more important than supporting a movie screen written by two white women that is about our slaving ancestors.
:whew:

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
  • Perfectly plausible that some Nazi soldiers didn't agree with Hitler. So let's create a movie about those righteous Nazi soldiers.
  • Perfectly plausible that some slavemasters were benevolent to their slaves. So let's create a movie showing those righteous slavemasters.
  • Perfectly plausible that some members of the KKK didn't agree with burning Black people in the town square. So let's create a movie showing the righteous folks of the KKK

:comeon:
:wow:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
GDFiPwGXsAA5iBj

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
why did this call for a thread bump

movie looked trash and unrealistic so i aint care for it idk what the hoe is babbling about in the article lol
I had to find a place to post a hot black woman, I couldn't use the Marvel's thread, that thread toxic for other reasons :sas2:

As far as OP is concerned, I liked the movie, only seen the whole thing once. They cut out the part of the soldier hooking up with the lite bright dude, it's alright

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I'm glad the movie flopped...:heh:

way too much fukkery, biting and anti black male bullshyt wrapped up in this entire thing...:wow: just a trainwreck of fukkery...

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Your favorite poster's favorite poster.
I had to find a place to post a hot black woman, I couldn't use the Marvel's thread, that thread toxic for other reasons :sas2:

As far as OP is concerned, I liked the movie, only seen the whole thing once. They cut out the part of the soldier hooking up with the lite bright dude, it's alright
200.gif

Post one then. :beli: