Coach Prime unveils the new Jackson State Football locker room

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
This is how you attract those 5 star recruits. Prime has the swag to lure them.
NIL negated this arms races stuff. Build up what's already standing but why have donor $$ pumped into facilities when that $$ starting to go to players. Props to Prime cause a lot of HBCUs ain't able. Building a great foundation

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
is Deion paying for this outta his own pocket? Just trying to see how other HBCU'S can follow Deion's lead

The other teams in their conference benefit from the attention and light that Coach Prime has brought

Primetime brings the Pepsi Challenge to the SWAC

Byron Allen signs deal to broadcast/stream SWAC sports

Segment is about twice as long as it should be, interesting discussion.

Broadcast deals, sponsorships, boosters, NIL deals for athletes

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
NIL negated this arms races stuff. Build up what's already standing but why have donor $$ pumped into facilities when that $$ starting to go to players.
The facilities are still part of the recruiting pitch, especially if you're going after guys who the powerhouse schools are also after .

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
The facilities are still part of the recruiting pitch, especially if you're going after guys who the powerhouse schools are also after .
Kids don't give a shyt about having a slide or barbershop in a FOF anymore. Put the money in my hand since you can give it to me. The facilities don't hold as much weight. Look at the big schools. They're scaling back from all of that. The only programs who are trying are to catch up, fell behind during the facilities race, and they're gonna fall behind in this NIL race if they don't correct course soon.

The more I see Prime do or show improvement for JSU the more I think he will not accept the FSU job if asked
They wouldn't offer it to him anyway. Prime will build his stock up on some Urban Meyer shyt where you have to give me these non-negotiable guarantees before he even signs a contract. That level of commitment ain't with the boosters at that school. FL was one of the first to pass NIL laws and that school JUST got its non-affiliated NIL non-profit up and running this year. Had a head start on a gang of other states and schools and still couldn't get right.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Kids don't give a shyt about having a slide or barbershop in a FOF anymore. Put the money in my hand since you can give it to me. The facilities don't hold as much weight. Look at the big schools. They're scaling back from all of that. The only programs who are trying are to catch up, fell behind during the facilities race, and they're gonna fall behind in this NIL race if they don't correct course soon.

I obviously disagree. JSU is an FCS program, competing with FBS schools for recruits now. Their profile has been raised, so now they are upgrading their facilities, or "catching up" as you put it.....to fit. HBCUs in general are underfunded, and have decaying infrastructure because of that. Makes complete sense for JSU to build/upgrade modern locker, weight room, playing facility now.

JSU was well ahead of the NIL curve, and it was discussed here before.

Coach Deion Sanders wants to make sure that his players "live good"

What you wrote doesn't apply to JSU's situation.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
It’s nice, but unlike the two other D1 schools in his state, they won’t have the continued donations to keep this up or even complete it, and it will hit the students pockets with fees and tuition. I think hbcu’s needed a kick in the ass to commit to improving some things, but i also think how does this affect the school as a whole. If they stadium and facilities are ass, what you think them classes, and dorms are like ??

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
HBCUs in general are underfunded, and have decaying infrastructure because of that. Makes complete sense for JSU to build/upgrade modern locker, weight room, playing facility now.
And none of that matters if you're a student or a parent paying for your child's education. But that's not exclusive to JSU or any school

What you wrote doesn't apply to JSU's situation.
What I'm disagreeing you with is this notion that there's some sort of residuals to other schools in HBCU land. What's happening NIL wise at JSU isn't benefitting TX Southern or FAMU. FAMUs apparel deal with Lebron's Nike brand doesn't help Alcorn St or Valley in any way. It will just be a carbon copy of the FBS level. There will be haves and have-nots and the gap will be even wider cause there ain't a Willie Simmons or Vince Dancey segment or documentary on Barstool's network, but there is a Deion one.