Cody Rhodes May Be Going Back to WWE?

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
200 guys on the roster and this is what they've been doing for like 20 years :snoop:
Well what do you expect when they cut half their roster and then still only give a shyt about like 5 of them and have to supplement their major events with retirees because they can't build up anyone else?

Hell, two of their biggest stars on Raw in Cody Rhodes and Bobby Lashley and arguably their second biggest star on Smackdown in Drew McIntyre had to leave the damn company to build himself up into a legit wrestler because Vince kept wanting to turn him into sideshows.

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
Yeah, that's why I cut him alotta slack, he's still only a couple years in, and despite being a super fan and observing wrestling aspects all his life, it's nothing compared to being in that hotseat, having to come up with stuff, having to create a culture of what you want you backstage vibe to be. And despite what fans on the internet think all of that acumen and learning experience doesn't come within the first years. I am sure if you ask Vince he will agree, and credit his Dad with jumpstarting everything from company structure to just general knowledge of the business, big time! Khan had no learning tree like that.

Dude and the company only been in the business for like 3 years and folks acting like he supposed to turn AEW into a dominant power house. WCW was straight bleeding money from 1991-mid 94 when they brought Hogan in which drew money.. Then it fell back flat in 95 and finally hit a lick with Hall and Nash in 96

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
If he really said that… Dude cares more about holding play fighting championships instead of creating a company. Says a lot about this mark. :mjlol:
“I’m really proud of that and I want it to be part of my legacy, but what I’ve always wanted is what I’m after right now. I’m getting a second chance at that, and that is my entire focus. I want to do this for my whole family. My wife, my daughter, my sister Teil, my mom. If I can’t hand this title to my dad, it would be wonderful to hand it to my mom.”

drifter

Superstar
Daps
I mean, I guess I get it, though I'm in the process of starting my own business so I'm big on entrepreneurial energy etc. But if Tony stripped them of power like dirt sheets say then what's the point of staying?

Right or wrong I imagine he thinks "I was something in Japan, even helped start something else, but I never mattered over there". And when you look at it that way what he's saying makes sense. WWF/E is the still thing most people think when they think wrestling and nobody ever cared about him there until now. So I get it.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I mean, I guess I get it, though I'm in the process of starting my own business so I'm big on entrepreneurial energy etc. But if Tony stripped them of power like dirt sheets say then what's the point of staying?

Right or wrong I imagine he thinks "I was something in Japan, even helped start something else, but I never mattered over there". And when you look at it that way what he's saying makes sense. WWF/E is the still thing most people think when they think wrestling and nobody ever cared about him there until now. So I get it.
shyt a lot of that is to blame on himself. He was still at least partly in control of booking when he got booked to lose the match with the stipulation he would never compete for the AEW title. Man played himself.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps

Live look at the stooges:

power-book-iv-tommy-egan-happy.gif

Last edited: