CODY RHODES & THE YOUNG BUCKS REPORTEDLY REJECTED 7-FIGURE WWE DEALS

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Cody is a star now no doubt. He hitched a ride on the hottest train smoking with the Elite but so did others. Respect is due.

I don't think he gets enough credit for getting the group to step their game up creatively. He's not going to put on clinics in the ring, but on the business-side of the industry he brings a lot to the table.

Superkick Party

Atlus / Ryū ga Gotoku
Daps
Reppin
Hub City
I don't think he gets enough credit for getting the group to step their game up creatively. He's not going to put on clinics in the ring, but on the business-side of the industry he brings a lot to the table.
Cody works on BTE just as much if not more than anyone else in the group, also of we being real The Bucks of Youth wouldn't have done All In without Cody. It's a beneficial agreement on both sides but because it's "Cawdy" nikkas hate

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Given how big their merch is I believe WWE had no choice but to throw the bag.

I do apparel as my small business.. I cannot even fathom what these guys rake in on just their tshirts.

On 10k tees they are easily netting a quarter mill in profit alone (going by their regular selling price) and that's probably an extremely low estimate.

They have to be doing minimum half a mill on their merch. Add another 500k conservative salary for WWE and that's your 1 mil already. Cody included.

Last edited:

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Given how big their merch is I believe WWE had no choice but to throw the bag.

I do apparel as my small business.. I cannot even fathom what these guys rake in on just their tshirts.

On 10k tees alone they are easily netting a quarter mill in profit alone (going by their regular selling price) and that's probably an extremely low estimate.

They have to be doing minimum half a mill on their merch. Add another 500k conservative salary for WWE and that's your 1 mil already. Cody included.

Exactly why seven figure offers for those three aren't outlandish at all. Also have to take into account it'd be worth the money to have them employed instead of fending off a fight from them.

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
I really doubt it lol
Behind all the smoke and mirrors he’s still CAWDY

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
No matter how much money is behind AEW, they aren't going to be able to compete in marketshare and mindspace with WWE. Ever. Nor is any company. WWE is NBA/NFL tier. Outside of a 2 year period, WWE is literally the only name in wrestling that has mattered to the American public for 35 years. WWE is literally synonmous with wrestling to the point where anytime you hear something on the local news about a fight or wrestling, it's referred to as WWE.

AEW could be competition in the sense that it might make WWE pay more for some talents, but no one will ever be able to compete with a company like WWE, which has been around and has had relationships established with arenas/owners/ticket companies/promoters/manufacturers/etc for going on 60 years. It will be good for talent for sure, and it might light a fire under Vince for a bit, but it will compete with WWE as much as AND1 and Big 3 compete with the NBA or Arena Football and XFL compete with the NFL.