Coli photographer shamed for charging $100 more to shoot plus-size models

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
Photographer William Lords (right) is hitting back after model Megan Mesveskas (left) publicly shamed him for charging more money to shoot curvy models.
Instagram
A New York City snapper is hitting back after it was revealed he charges an extra $100 to take professional photos of plus-size models compared to “standard” posers.

William Lords came under fire for his pricing policy over the weekend when model Megan Mesveskas, 24, took to TikTok to share an email she received from his photography studio.

The email quoted $950 for Lords to lens a “standard” model and $1,050 for him to photograph a “plus/curve” model.

“I guess he just doesn’t want to have to look at them through his camera,” Mesveskas raged in her video, which quickly garnered over a hundred thousand views including reposts.

Lords is now facing allegations of “fatphobia,” and there are calls for him to be canceled — but the fotog says there is a reason his fee is higher for larger models and it reflects an industry-wide problem.

“It’s easy to jump on something you don’t understand,” Lords told The Post, saying he was stunned Mesveskas went straight to social media to shame him before asking for any kind of explanation.

@meganmesveskas

“I’m a black man in America, and two white women tell me I’m discriminating them?” Lords told The Post. “I’m so hurt by this. Nobody is telling the true story.”

The photographer says his prices are for “test shoots,” whereby he creates a look-book for models to take with them to auditions. The pricing includes access to a wardrobe full of designer clothes, which the models then wear while being photographed.

Lords claims that designer threads for ultra-thin models (usually sizes 0 to 4) are easy to come by, but clothing for curvier women is more expensive and harder to source as less of the larger sizes are made.

“Getting those clothes is very difficult,” Lords insisted. “I need to charge a bit higher, because it’s hard to find anything. I go out there and buy the clothes with my own credit card for the models to wear as part of our package.”

Over the weekend, Mesveskas’ video was shared by fellow model Sixtine Rouyre, who also hit out at the price gap.

“This is just one more example of how awful the modeling industry is to literally anyone over a size 0,” Rouyre declared in her own subsequent TikTok video, viewed more than 101,000 times.

“Your fatphobia is showing, it’s f – – king disgusting, and you should be ashamed of yourself,” she further blasted.

Viewers reacted with outrage to Rouyre’s video, with one stating: “This is so typical. It’s sad.”

Mesveskas’ video was shared by fellow model Sixtine Rouyre (pictured), who also hit out at the price gap.
TikTok/@Sixtine Rouyre
But Lords is refusing to be canceled quietly.

The photographer — who sounded noticeably upset while speaking with The Post — said he is now considering legal action against Mesveskas and Rouyre.

“I’m a black man in America, and two white women tell me I’m discriminating them?” Lords stated. “I’m so hurt by this. Nobody is telling the true story.”

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
How bout you lose weight stupid fat bytch? Can't stand weak worthless pussies like this girl. Can't handle that there's standards that don't include them so they want to erase everything so their pathetic asses can fit in. No one cares about fat people except other fat people. That's how it is. And why is this mufukka buying clothes for them to wear to begin with?

KBtheKey

Top Tier
Daps
Reppin
#Swhtx
He ain't wrong. And a lot goes into making them photos ready for the upload, and a lot more will go to cleaning up less physically appealing bodies features. That's they own fault. Take that extra 100 you was gone spend on food and spend it with the photog, and cut back

bytches try to get mad about any and everything

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Seems like fake outrage to me

For those who missed:

“I’m a black man in America, and two white women tell me I’m discriminating them?” Lords told The Post. “I’m so hurt by this. Nobody is telling the true story.”

The photographer says his prices are for “test shoots,” whereby he creates a look-book for models to take with them to auditions. The pricing includes access to a wardrobe full of designer clothes, which the models then wear while being photographed.

Lords claims that designer threads for ultra-thin models (usually sizes 0 to 4) are easy to come by, but clothing for curvier women is more expensive and harder to source as less of the larger sizes are made.

“Getting those clothes is very difficult,” Lords insisted. “I need to charge a bit higher, because it’s hard to find anything. I go out there and buy the clothes with my own credit card for the models to wear as part of our package.”

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
if they want to bytch and moan make them pay for their own clothes then.

or they could lose weight. But we know they won’t do that.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I'm a photographer. alot of obese women think they deserve the same stuff as models who be in the gym, watching what they eat, etc...I have no sympathy for them girls. He charges what he charges.

Also, the biggest thing i've learned is a black male photographer is we usually are expected to be like a free resource to these "models" while they use us as a stepping stone to the white photographers. SHE WOULD NEVER PULL shyt ON A WHITE PHOTOGRAPHER AND FOR THE MOST PART SHE WOULDN'T EVEN APPROACH A WHITE PHOTOGRAPHER BECAUSE SHE ALREADY KNOW THEY PROLLY WOULDN'T EVEN TAKE HER MONEY. that white photographer is not going to want his/her portfolio to be show them as the "plus size photographer". They think black men are beholden to some kind of social justice FREE service shyt, or even worse..."he black so he like big girls so i can get what i want from him".

:camby:

And let me say this, there are "curvy" models and there are sloppy obese chicks that just decide to call themselves models one day.