Coli Tunnel Beat Tape Battle 1..(Clanarchy vs. Supa)

Who's Tape had the Better beats

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
The homie @bigrodthe1 was inspired by the IG battles and suggested that those of us that got new projects or just music battle it out. Hopefully this can keep the momentum going in this place. If you got albums, songs, beats that you think are dope and wanna see how they match up with the other artists here, go to this thread below..
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/ig-battles-the-tunnel-the-booth-edition.772207/

Now on to the Battle. You got 8 days to listen to both tapes and vote which one had the better beats.
Voting Criteria
1. Overall Vibe (structure, how dope the samples are if used, melody, sequencing, creativity, etc..)
2. Mixing (how clean the beat sounds)
3. Potential (would artists sound dope on this shyt, would you wanna hear more beats)

Now without further delay..... Our 2 Contestants....
@clanarchy and @Supa

Clanarchy's latest beat tape.....

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps

Just listened once, my first impression is that the tape hits its stride at "Love Ballad", I've enjoyed pretty much everything after (and including) that track :ehh:

Tracks 2 and 3 could be cut imo

The mix is good, everything is coming through clear. The style of production is pretty consistent throughout, jazzy with some soul flair

I could hear Lupe Fiasco/J-Live/Dred Scott type of rappers over this type of production, particularly beats like "Kirizumi" and "Fall".

The hardest beats on the tape imo are "Love Ballad", "Misako", "Kirizumi" and "Fall".

The only feedback I really have is that I wish there were a couple higher energy songs in the middle, it drags a little bit by the 2nd interlude imo

Solid work :salute:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just listened once, my first impression is that the tape hits its stride at "Love Ballad", I've enjoyed pretty much everything after (and including) that track :ehh:

Tracks 2 and 3 could be cut imo

The mix is good, everything is coming through clear. The style of production is pretty consistent throughout, jazzy with some soul flair

I could hear Lupe Fiasco/J-Live/Dred Scott type of rappers over this type of production, particularly beats like "Kirizumi" and "Fall".

The hardest beats on the tape imo are "Love Ballad", "Misako", "Kirizumi" and "Fall".

The only feedback I really have is that I wish there were a couple higher energy songs in the middle, it drags a little bit by the 2nd interlude imo

Solid work :salute:

Tracks 2 and 3 were scrapped but Lauderdale was telling me to have 19 beats so I had to add them back since I originally only had like 14 as the final tracklist:francis:

I put the whole thing together in 10 days and didn't spend much time mixing so I'm glad you said it sounded okay. Mixing isn't my forte so I did the bare minimum. Fall Kirizumi, and Love Ballad were last editions I made the other day. Glad you liked them because I wasn't sure.

I was looking to make something with more energy but I tend to lean towards mellower sounds so everything ends up coming out that way.

Thanks for the feedback.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ohhh:I didn't even know this match up was coming... @Supa , good luck, I'm gonna run through your joints tomorrow so I can do it in one sitting.

I'm not listening to yours for a few days. I'm feeling good just having put together my first tape so I don't want to mess that up stressing over the competitive aspect:pachaha:

Is this the project you did with the other coli MC's? If so I heard these. I'm still going to give it a spin.

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
@clanarchy

"Odd Couple" is a banger :whew: Honestly might've set the album off with that one, it sets the tone (and the standard) a lot quicker than the first two tracks do. Track 2 would be dope coming right after that and would segue better into track 4 than Odd Couple imo

The mix on "Checkmate" is a little off imo, the sample is too quiet. I like the drum pattern and the vibe though, definitely has a RZA type feel to it. I would extend that to the whole project, very much feels Wu-Tang inspired in a good way.

Ok "Wanted it All" is hard :leon:

"Broken Blades" :leon:

My favorite beat on here without a doubt is "Odd Couple", shyt is piff :ohlawd:

The mix on a few of the tracks could be better, when you get it all the way right thought it sounds really good. You flip that RZA style pretty well, at times it veered a little too lo-fi though imo ("Pickled Organs") which stood out because some of the other lo-fi tracks still punch through ("Broken Blades") and the crisper tracks (i.e. "Odd Couple") make the thinner sounding beats sound a little underwhelming in comparison.

That being said, you have a good range of sounds on this project. It feels a little less like an album and more like a beat tape but it's a very good beat tape o/a. :salute:

clanarchy

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not listening to yours for a few days. I'm feeling good just having put together my first tape so I don't want to mess that up stressing over the competitive aspect:pachaha:

Is this the project you did with the other coli MC's? If so I heard these. I'm still going to give it a spin.

Thanks for checking the Tunnel Gang project.
These beats are all new. I did these over the last couple of weeks whilst this Lockdown shyt is in effect, otherwise I don't get the time these days. Only manage one album a year average lol.
Im in the UK and it like 11.30pm over here, which is why I'm gonna crank your project tomorrow without having the neighbours bangin on the wall.....

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thanks for checking the Tunnel Gang project.
These beats are all new. I did these over the last couple of weeks whilst this Lockdown shyt is in effect, otherwise I don't get the time these days. Only manage one album a year average lol.
Im in the UK and it like 11.30pm over here, which is why I'm gonna crank your project tomorrow without having the neighbours bangin on the wall.....

I listened to the first 3 of your tape:whew: