Coli Tunnel Beat Tape Battle 1..(Clanarchy vs. Supa)

Who's Tape had the Better beats

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
@bigdaddy88 appreciated, ref the length I just make the beats so they are good to go for features, 4-8bar intro, 2x 16's, 4-8 hook/chorus/ outro.
Saves me time when I get those 'yooooooooo got any freee beatzzzzzz' emails :mjlol:

and this is why I fukks with you. :salute:

Bout a year ago I had a dude from Germany hit me up wanting to drop some verses on a few of his beats. Dude sends me a folder with like 30 something beats. None of them beats were longer than 1 minute, so I hit dude up like, breh you got anything longer with some structure to it. Dude was on some take it or leave it shyt because that's his style, like I'm the one that originally hit him up. You already know I said fukk it after that. I'm not gon take the time out to write to some unfinished 4 bar loop interlude ass beat. :what:

clanarchy

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alright, went with Supa on this one..

I went back and forth decision wise on both tapes, seriously in my humble opinion there are no weak beats on either project:ld:. Since I couldnt make a solid pick without thinking about it too much afterwards, what I did was write to some beats from each tape and record a bit (:mjlol:) and see which ones I sounded better on, mic wasnt the best quality but that's the old tactic I used to do when my friends or fam played beats for me asking for opinions and etc.

As I noted before I'm a stan of both styles displayed by these gentlemen, one of these Industry connects lurking on this board really should get the breh Clanarchy plugged into doing the entire next WU album, or even a ghost or Rae project. I'm buying that asap! I love straight beats and rhymes type stuff, grime and bars, has always been my MO

Supa's joint may have resonated with me a bit more at the moment due to being in process of relearning the saxophone, I played it when I was younger and realized later on it was a big mistake giving it up :mjcry: (always been a jazz head even as a youngin). Supa be on that smooth shyt and I rock with that too:wow:.

This beat tape series is a cool idea, I wouldn't mind getting in on it, probably would have to be some premade stuff from me mostly/it takes me too long to make a beat attention span wise:mjlol:

The level of skill on this board is :damn:. I'd do it just to go to the dojo and train/absorb knowledge.

:salute: to both clanarchy and supa, beast of their craft.

Thanks for the thorough listen, getting the positive feedback always makes the shyt worth while. Appreciated.
I like the tactic of writing to them and then picking, I do a similar thing making the beats, you gotta adapt the flow but for the most part, if I can spit Deck's Triumph verse one way or another on a beat it's good to go lol.
I feel you on the attention span for making beats, if it wasnt for the lockdown I wouldn't even have the tape out. I'm lucky if I can do a beat a week at the moment. I'm working on volume 2 right now, and a few tracks for other people before I'm back to work fulltime.

clanarchy

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and this is why I fukks with you. :salute:

Bout a year ago I had a dude from Germany hit me up wanting to drop some verses on a few of his beats. Dude sends me a folder with like 30 something beats. None of them beats were longer than 1 minute, so I hit dude up like, breh you got anything longer with some structure to it. Dude was on some take it or leave it shyt because that's his style, like I'm the one that originally hit him up. You already know I said fukk it after that. I'm not gon take the time out to write to some unfinished 4 bar loop interlude ass beat. :what:

No doubt, plus we almost on some telepathic shyt when it comes to knowing what to send.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alright, went with Supa on this one..

I went back and forth decision wise on both tapes, seriously in my humble opinion there are no weak beats on either project:ld:. Since I couldnt make a solid pick without thinking about it too much afterwards, what I did was write to some beats from each tape and record a bit (:mjlol:) and see which ones I sounded better on, mic wasnt the best quality but that's the old tactic I used to do when my friends or fam played beats for me asking for opinions and etc.

As I noted before I'm a stan of both styles displayed by these gentlemen, one of these Industry connects lurking on this board really should get the breh Clanarchy plugged into doing the entire next WU album, or even a ghost or Rae project. I'm buying that asap! I love straight beats and rhymes type stuff, grime and bars, has always been my MO

Supa's joint may have resonated with me a bit more at the moment due to being in process of relearning the saxophone, I played it when I was younger and realized later on it was a big mistake giving it up :mjcry: (always been a jazz head even as a youngin). Supa be on that smooth shyt and I rock with that too:wow:.

This beat tape series is a cool idea, I wouldn't mind getting in on it, probably would have to be some premade stuff from me mostly/it takes me too long to make a beat attention span wise:mjlol:

The level of skill on this board is :damn:. I'd do it just to go to the dojo and train/absorb knowledge.

:salute: to both clanarchy and supa, beast of their craft.

So you wrote rhymes instead of a coin flip:ohhh:

Let's hear those bars:lolbron:

Appreciate the review.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Thanks for the thorough listen, getting the positive feedback always makes the shyt worth while. Appreciated.
I like the tactic of writing to them and then picking, I do a similar thing making the beats, you gotta adapt the flow but for the most part, if I can spit Deck's Triumph verse one way or another on a beat it's good to go lol.
I feel you on the attention span for making beats, if it wasnt for the lockdown I wouldn't even have the tape out. I'm lucky if I can do a beat a week at the moment. I'm working on volume 2 right now, and a few tracks for other people before I'm back to work fulltime.

:whoo:

Looking forward to that.

Part of my struggles is due to me being :flabbynsick:. Things were different when I was young head.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
So you wrote rhymes instead of a coin flip:ohhh:

Let's hear those bars:lolbron:

Appreciate the review.

Mic is retired for right now, last coli emcee comp I got in, i got washed :why:. My opponent clowned/said I was outdated sounding like camp lo and de la soul:deadmanny:. I took it as a compliment though :mjlol: that's my type of shyt right there.

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
Sorry I didn't get my vote in Boppers...been having a LOT going on but I have listened to both tapes multiple times. @Supa Has become one of my favorites from the new class. He had a great run in the Tourney and should have went farther but he caught some REALLY tough matchups but his work was A-1 regardless. Take in the fact that he stated he has only been making beats for a short time then I KNOW he is about to be a problem on these boards for a while :hhh: when he stated he was working on his first official beat tape It was about to be lit:ohhh:
Great work. Good sound quality great chops and great choice of samples/sounds. Really no complaints other than with your signature sound some beats may sound quite similar but hell isn't that why we look for a signature sound :yeshrug:

@clanarchy one of the old grizzled Tunnel Vets right here :mjgrin: been listening to your work for YEARS. I sure I got some tracks in the stash still were I was freestyling or fleshing out songs :lolbron: I personally try to listen to every project you release. Hell when I saw the title to this one and knew that like the rest of us that you were home locked into your music and it was fresh of the presses that just as with Sup's project that it was about to be LIT :whoo: I was not disappointed :obama: Clan has several styles that he is a master of but I always prefer that Wu-Ish trap sound that he does:mjlit:anybody who has followed his work KNOWS what I'm talking about. But hell he is also very diverse and I like that on this tape you can tell he is playing with a lot of new sounds and techniques. Great work.
Since the poll is closed at first I wasn't even going to name who I would have voted for :lolbron:
but that not fair to these gentlemen as they are here for the competition. One of the things I always do when I listen to a project is think about how my OWN work would have held up against that project. I came away from these thinking that I'm not sure any of my full length Tapes would have beat EITHER of these on here :mjcry: so thanks gentlemen because I'm now working harder on my craft for whoever I see next :ufdup:
My vote in a very CLOSE contest is for @clanarchy. I felt his project was a little more diverse and I'm also more a street/battle MC so I'm more drawn to uptempo grimy beats. Supa shyt was extra smoove and I can't wait until he unleashes his next chamber. Supa might have had a slight edge in the mix.
@Supa in the end I think he ran into the same thing as he did in the Tourney. A REALLY tough matchup for his first full length tape. But Hell I already KNOW he wouldn't want it any other way. Just for the fact he MORE than held his own is an accomplishment because I'm sure ANYBODY on this board would have a hard time beating Clanarchy :whew:
Again great work gentlemen and let's keep this series going because if every matchup is going to be like this then hell quarantine might not be so bad:myman:
:salute: boppers

Last edited:

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
Mic is retired for right now, last coli emcee comp I got in, i got washed :why:. My opponent clowned/said I was outdated sounding like camp lo and de la soul:deadmanny:. I took it as a compliment though :mjlol: that's my type of shyt right there.
That's funny :lolbron: I was in that same tourney and I felt I got robbed :martin: You got skills breh. Go ahead and bust off the mic...I got some work for you :gladbron:

clanarchy

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@bigrodthe1 , I didn't know you been checking out the projects like that, so thanks alot for the support, much appreciated. Glad you noticed my attempts to inject some different vibes on this one aswell.
I got something nice for the upcoming battle this week.
You mentioned liking the up tempo grimy

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
@bigrodthe1 , I didn't know you been checking out the projects like that, so thanks alot for the support, much appreciated. Glad you noticed my attempts to inject some different vibes on this one aswell.
I got something nice for the upcoming battle this week.
You mentioned liking the up tempo grimy
:blessed:

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
:whoo:

Looking forward to that.

Part of my struggles is due to me being :flabbynsick:. Things were different when I was young head.

I know, I'm firmly in the :flabbynsick: bracket too man. Like I said if I wasn't stuck at home this wouldn't of happened.
I'm sure I'm more :flabbynsick: than BOTH of you as I know what years Norm was at State :mjcry: but I still drop gangster shyt as heard in my latest ep :myman: even though I'm more of a corporate thug these days :to: