Collectable Card Games Thread (Magic, Pokemon, Yugioh, etc.)

What's your game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
We had pokemon cards when i was a kid but nobody knew how to play:mjlol:
Seriously, everyone collected Pokemon cards. But I dont know a single person who knows how to actually play. I still have all my retro original cards and some are actually worth money today. I have my yu-gi-oh cards, I actually am kind of into yu-gi-oh now but the game got way too complicated now. Its hard to keep up with my outdated desk.

OnlyFrans

subscribe today!
Supporter
Daps
Seriously, everyone collected Pokemon cards. But I dont know a single person who knows how to actually play. I still have all my retro original cards and some are actually worth money today. I have my yu-gi-oh cards, I actually am kind of into yu-gi-oh now but the game got way too complicated now. Its hard to keep up with my outdated desk.
I got a lot of the originals too. if you had a holo Charizard you was the biggest badass on the playground:wow:

I do remember knowing how to play yu gi oh around 6th grade. everybody feinin for Exodia pieces:russ:

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Was I the only one that collected DBZ cards? Still got all mine in pristine condition. I would like to finish out the sets as best I can.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Was I the only one that collected DBZ cards? Still got all mine in pristine condition. I would like to finish out the sets as best I can.
One of my best friend growing up on the 90s did. Breh had a dope binder album full of whole sets. shyt was amazing. Everytime I went to his house I always checked it out. Lived most of my comic book and dbz dreams through that dude.

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
You played standard? shyt, I wish I was introduced to it when I was a kid. Definitely would've loved it from around 4th to 8th grade. High school - I was all about playing sports and getting p*ssy.

Definitely would have continued after high school. I currently only play commander and already built me three decks and own three precons.

U still got your cards?

U still play? What format?

Its a shame magic aint as popular as Yugioh with black or other minority folks. I look at Yugioh as a variation of magic.
I play Arena. MD still locked down. Mostly Standard, but love Legacy and Vintage.

Always wished more brehs played. Kept me ot of trouble somewhat. Been playing since 96. Started college and saw people playing in the student lounge. Asked what it was, the rest is history.

And all those games are sons of Magic. Richard Garfield, the creator of the game, got several patents on a bunch of the mechanics in the late 90s or 2000s I think. At that time, there were a ton of copycats and other games. Most of them shut down or had to change to not violate. It was like the video game crash of the 80s LOL. That's how it got so huge. That, and WOTC getting the Pokemon license, which is just heavily watered down Magic.

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
Learned to play Pokemon thru the video game. :whew: When Maha Vailo came out. :blessed: extra 500 atk for every equipped card.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
When I play magic I play with banned cards anything goes bit the tournaments be restricting you like a muthafukka...:hhh:

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Learned to play Pokemon thru the video game. :whew: When Maha Vailo came out. :blessed: extra 500 atk for every equipped card.
Dawg, the card “United We Stand” was insane

mused to have that Worldwide Edition game for GBA

I have a modded PSP with Arc V: Tag force Special on it, but never play it anymore

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dawg, the card “United We Stand” was insane

mused to have that Worldwide Edition game for GBA

I have a modded PSP with Arc V: Tag force Special on it, but never play it anymore
I played the tag force 5, arc v is cool with it having all the xyz cards. Used a cheat to take control of your partner, damn cpu would use your facedown for any stupid threat.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Coli not fukking with master duel?
I downloaded it yesterday. It's decent. Coming from Hearthstone is jarring though.
The UI and overall performance of Master Duel pales in comparison to Hearthstone.
The game overall is decent though. I'm gonna give it a few more tries.

To answer OP.
Growing up Pokemon was huge.
Magic was up there as well.
Later on I played a bit of Yu-Gi-Oh but in recent years I've dumped endless hours into Hearthstone.
I'd like to get back into Pokemon.

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
Coli not fukking with master duel?

I'm tooling up before I go into duel mode. Them Pay-2-Win folk/veterans of the game do not fukk around.

What decks have you built so far? Right now I only have a semi-decent Gem-Knights deck, though I'm gonna try and work on a variation of a Dark Magician/Magician Girl deck I use IRL once I have enough points to work with.

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
I'm tooling up before I go into duel mode. Them Pay-2-Win folk/veterans of the game do not fukk around.

What decks have you built so far? Right now I only have a semi-decent Gem-Knights deck, though I'm gonna try and work on a variation of a Dark Magician/Magician Girl deck I use IRL once I have enough points to work with.

I haven't played in years (went to the world championship and came second back in 2001).

Currently just messing around with zombie decks. Not too bothered in just going for the most competitive deck just want to have fun with it.