College Financial-Aid Loophole: Wealthy Parents Transfer Guardianship of Their Teens to Get Aid

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:yeshrug: shyt middle class and upper middle class folks let the parent that makes the least amount of money claim the kid that is going to college.

Lets not play dumb. Like we didn't know folks who momma or daddy claimed them on taxes or who parents filed separate so the kid could get financial aid (grants) and low income scholarships.

Everyone tries to game the system. shyt I am a professional and make good money. If i could get away with having some EBT cards without going to jail I would do it myself....:mjgrin:

Last edited:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also I mentioned on here how I know folks in not for profit early childhood education.

You got two parent household who have a household income of 100k. Gaming the system where they lie about their income. To get food stamps, welfare and government funded daycare.

Last edited:

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
You ain’t living right. But atleast you’re honest.

I'm not living right because I don't wanna struggle for every dollar and cent? If someone qualifies for a social program then they qualify. More power to them. There isn't anything rigorous about struggling especially in a country my ancestors built. Imma take advantage of every program I can.

:manny:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
there's a ton of licks out there. you don't keep wealth spending it.

another popular joint is not claiming your kid on your taxes once they hit 16 and have them start filing their own shyt. That way they can file their FAFSA as an independent student so the parents income is disregarded. use the rules to your advantage as well. :yeshrug:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Almost all of the kids in colleges are wealthy international students not undocumented immigrants :mjlol:
You’re already getting played by that right-wing rhetoric meanwhile the wealthy across the world are fukking you over :francis:
While true, don’t think illegals are not in college. They are.
Many of them even get in state tuition.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
there's a ton of licks out there. you don't keep wealth spending it.

another popular joint is not claiming your kid on your taxes once they hit 16 and have them start filing their own shyt. That way they can file their FAFSA as an independent student so the parents income is disregarded. use the rules to your advantage as well. :yeshrug:

Yep same as using a minor roth ira for your kids college education. Because it is a retirement savings program it can't be factored into their financial aid. But a 529 can be factored in.

So for example your kid has 25k in a minor roth ira. They can still get grants. But if they have 25k in a 529 they won't be eligible for the grants.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
The whole secondary education platform is a racket. Predatory loans, absurd tuition inflation annually, the 300 dollars for a textbook and that edition isn’t valid for courses the next year etc. Whole things needs an overhaul. I’m all for the scam artists who are getting over on the ultimate scam artists being exposed and showing how dumb it really is. Close the dumb loopholes in the asinine college education and admissions platform we have right now

Not only is it a racket, but college degrees are being devalued as more people get them. So hot only are they costing more to obtain, but they are worth less once u get them.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yep same as using a minor roth ira for your kids college education. Because it is a retirement savings program it can't be factored into their financial aid. But a 529 can be factored in.

So for example your kid has 25k in a minir roth ira. They can still get grants. But if they have 25k in a 529 they won't be eligible for the grants.

Yeah, as it stands right now, the wife and I aren't close to being on the financial aid eligible for our kids train. Started 529s for both ours sons, but we already know we gonna have to MOP and ante up. My oldest only 11 right now, but please believe I'm gonna be using the same underground cac tactics with no fukks given when it's that time. I'm getting my reparations one way or another. :birdman:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Not only is it a racket, but college degrees are being devalued as more people get them. So hot only are they costing more to obtain, but they are worth less once u get them.

Yup. Getting a non expensive joint and networking is better at this point. If you can get an in demand degree from a school with clout, then go for it if it won't break your pockets. The days of even wealthy people spending racks on bullshyt degrees is slowing down now. Mufukkaz with masters being offered 11.50 an hour. :wtf:

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
Almost all of the kids in colleges are wealthy international students not undocumented immigrants :mjlol:
You’re already getting played by that right-wing rhetoric meanwhile the wealthy across the world are fukking you over :francis:
Their wealthy asses should go to school in their countries and stop using/manipulating our systems. A few were cool but I’m on a campus where both Chinese and Indian international students outnumber the total black population (4%). And that 4% includes Africans and Caribbean students as well.

I’d rather a dreamer or lower classes immigrant get a scholarship than some rich Asian who already has a Benz and is worth 6 figures. If 1/3 of the people we confer engineering degrees too leave the country, can’t you see how that begins to affect the structures of our society?

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Their wealthy asses should go to school in their countries and stop using/manipulating our systems. A few were cool but I’m on a campus where both Chinese and Indian international students outnumber the total black population (4%). And that 4% includes Africans and Caribbean students as well.

I’d rather a dreamer or lower classes immigrant get a scholarship than some rich Asian who already has a Benz and is worth 6 figures. If 1/3 of the people we confer engineering degrees too leave the country, can’t you see how that begins to affect the structures of our society?
I'm aware of how bad it is, I just know that this is what neoliberals wanted :hubie:
Higher education in the US has been essentially a playground for the elite since the beginning, it went from schools that were fed directly from Day/Boarding schools, to schools that were fed directly from those same day/boarding schools + top public tech kids to fuel the Cold War (with the occasional "brilliant" AA student); to essentially an "everyone can go to college" with the best schools and highest performing students still coming from the day/boarding/technical school crowd with the added benefit of rich foreign students.

I have no power to change the higher-education system other than lobbying for more money allocated toward Black students and poor students :hubie:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah, the devaluation is coming from the corporations and businesses that refuse to raise wages, undercut labor power, and are trying to maintain an underclass.

People are being paid less per hour (adjusted for CoL and inflation) than assembly-line workers with a HS or less education in the 50s. Wages could still rise with the increase in US education averages.