Combat Jack on the Breakfast Club

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Good interview. I fvcks with Combat Jack, and try to catch his shows as often as possible. I kinda hated how he seemed like he was sucking off Maino, especially when he was going in on how they fvcked up Trag. Kinda reminded me of the nerd n!gga in school trying to get on the bully good side. And the show where they were biggin up The Takeover and kinda sh!ttin on Ether (When Large Pro was there) was deplorable.

WheresWallace

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know him personally, seen him rap tons of classics word for word. On top of that hes a good dude and real sincere, all this trolling shyt is just for the radio. He is def down for the culture and I've seen him get fired in Philly because he wouldn't do fukkery on radio.
I remember when he got fired from Philly radio. That's when I liked him. But when he got on this c00n shiit at the breakfast club that's when I said...fuuck him. He's too influential to be speaking so recklessly about black people (not a small group of black people, but BLACK PEOPLE).

fukkyalifestyle

Superstar
Daps
I remember when he got fired from Philly radio. That's when I liked him. But when he got on this c00n shiit at the breakfast club that's when I said...fuuck him. He's too influential to be speaking so recklessly about black people (not a small group of black people, but BLACK PEOPLE).
That's all for show especially for Breakfast Club cause that's his role. Angela is the girl/ Envy the DJ or straight man and Charlamagne is the wild card. He really doesn't give a fukk tho like off the mic he says outlandish shyt too. He said to the mayor of Philly live on air, "People always say you look like Mr. Potato Head.

cformusic

King Chobani
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
#salutes..great interview as always with Combat even on the other side of the questions. great representative for our culture

Wallychamp

Kings Lose Crowns, Teachers Stay Intelligent
Daps

25:40 mark of the video

n1192903922_30175720_5694.jpg

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Great point about older artists. I love rock for instance, lots of 60s and 70s shyt. Kids today still respect Zeppelin, the Beatles, Hendrix, etc. Go on youtube and you'll see endless videos of white kids playing guitar tabs from old songs too.

Yet with rap Rakim gets no love today. You don't see teenagers going through a "retro" rap phase like you see teenagers go through retro rock phases. Rock stars today love showing love to older cats, bringing them on stage, doing side projects, etc. Think about Them Crooked Vultures, which was two of the big "modern" rock stars getting the former bassist of Led Zeppelin to do an album with them. Yet today you aren't gonna see some hot producer do an EP with Rakim or KRS One for instance.

I'm a proponent of the idea that if you build it, people will come. If you make a retro rap and r&b station, I bet you people would listen.