Combat Jack on the Breakfast Club

sporticus

https://bit.ly/36fn72e
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So the sharks smell blood and they're circling, basically.

Seems like Sha is behind this huh?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Great point about older artists. I love rock for instance, lots of 60s and 70s shyt. Kids today still respect Zeppelin, the Beatles, Hendrix, etc. Go on youtube and you'll see endless videos of white kids playing guitar tabs from old songs too.

Yet with rap Rakim gets no love today. You don't see teenagers going through a "retro" rap phase like you see teenagers go through retro rock phases. Rock stars today love showing love to older cats, bringing them on stage, doing side projects, etc. Think about Them Crooked Vultures, which was two of the big "modern" rock stars getting the former bassist of Led Zeppelin to do an album with them. Yet today you aren't gonna see some hot producer do an EP with Rakim or KRS One for instance.

I'm a proponent of the idea that if you build it, people will come. If you make a retro rap and r&b station, I bet you people would listen.
I told ya'll that there needs to be an ADULT oriented hip-hop station kinda like the oldies for R&B and Rock music.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
He's a lawyer of course he agrees with it
Well I tried to tell yall that being assaulted and robbed doesn't leave you with too many options.

And ya'll can't even blame nikkas getting arrested. The dudes WHO DID IT were all on twitter and IG as well as damn near 50K people observing the shyt happen.

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
Combat Jack gives a good interview. The Combat Jack show crew is more interesting than the people they actually interview most of the time. I thought they were gonna play him and only give him 5-10 mins. like they do lesser known people but they gave him almost 30 mins.
:laugh: I miss the old days when they would crack each other for 45 mins

Daps
Great point about older artists. I love rock for instance, lots of 60s and 70s shyt. Kids today still respect Zeppelin, the Beatles, Hendrix, etc. Go on youtube and you'll see endless videos of white kids playing guitar tabs from old songs too.

Yet with rap Rakim gets no love today. You don't see teenagers going through a "retro" rap phase like you see teenagers go through retro rock phases. Rock stars today love showing love to older cats, bringing them on stage, doing side projects, etc. Think about Them Crooked Vultures, which was two of the big "modern" rock stars getting the former bassist of Led Zeppelin to do an album with them. Yet today you aren't gonna see some hot producer do an EP with Rakim or KRS One for instance.

I'm a proponent of the idea that if you build it, people will come. If you make a retro rap and r&b station, I bet you people would listen.

The reason for that is as a musician you have to learn older artists music so you can even begin to get into the genres musical language from a place of self expression

With rap, especially now, you dont need to learn a Rakim or KRS verse to express something because there's no technical barriers. Its all words which is learned immediately and constantly being used throughout your life.

And there's a different level reverence showed between musicians because they understand the level technical study they each had to go through in order to play whether the music is old or not. Thats why its easier forgenerations to connect