Conservative Internet Idiots Mega Thread

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

You would think this would be a wake-up call for them, but you just know they're going to double down.

Him and Herman Cain just went back-to-back, and all they did was say, "But they were old! But Cain had cancer 14 years ago! They don't count!"

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
gfxdmfxzs8e51.png

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

For some of President Trump’s loudest cheerleaders, it was a story too good to check out: Black Lives Matters protesters in Portland, Ore., had burned a stack of Bibles, and then topped off the fire with American flags. There was even a video to prove it.

The story was a near-perfect fit for a central Trump campaign talking point — that with liberals and Democrats comes godless disorder — and it went viral among Republicans within hours of appearing earlier this month. The New York Post wrote about it, as did The Federalist, saying that the protesters had shown “their true colors.” Senator Ted Cruz, the Texas Republican, said of the protesters, “This is who they are.”Donald Trump Jr., the president’s son, tweeted that antifa had moved to “the book burning phase.”

The truth was far more mundane. A few protesters among the many thousands appear to have burned a single Bible — and possibly a second — for kindling to start a bigger fire. None of the other protesters seemed to notice or care.

Yet in the rush to paint all the protesters as Bible-burning zealots, few of the politicians or commentators who weighed in on the incident took the time to look into the story’s veracity, or to figure out that it had originated with a Kremlin-backed video news agency. And now, days later, the Portland Bible burnings appear to be one of the first viral Russian disinformation hits of the 2020 presidential campaign.
It’s amazing how gullible these people are, just no common sense or critical thinking skills at all. I remember reading about how this type of propaganda doesn’t work on the left because most leftists at least attempt to verify what they’re being told.