Conservative NY Times OpEd - “The Case For Reparations”

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
You've picked a very suspect time to stand up for reparations.

Get Medicare for All and free higher education first.

Those are tangibles.
giphy.gif

WE NEED SPECIFIC TANGIBLES FOR BLACKS. IF THOSE AINT ONLY FOR US AND NOT EVERYONE ELSE, IT AINT TANGIBLE.

We need COMPENSATORY CORRECTIVE ADJUSTMENTS AND RECOMPENSE TO FIX AN ON GOING AND EXTREMELY HAZARDOUS AMERICAN PROBLEM.

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
Dope but what's up with him biting Tanehisi's title? :leostare:
Its a political strategy, he is not only acknowledging he was wrong, he is saying he is taking his style and he is going to run with his own narrative.

Think how nate parker flipped birth of a nation.

This is political green lighting, to let conservatives know to get on code.

futureDevelopment

~crackin windshields~
Daps

Except that Medicare for All and free higher education ARE tangibles. You can't say they aren't. And other countries on our level have such things already.

Reparations are a convoluted fantasy. They're something that people who believe you have "low IQ" will promise you in election season, but it's about as real as the "40 acres and a mule" you've been waiting on since 1865.

The fact that you're ready to fall for it in the 2020 election season means you're the joke.

:umad:

futureDevelopment

~crackin windshields~
Daps
giphy.gif

WE NEED SPECIFIC TANGIBLES FOR BLACKS. IF THOSE AINT ONLY FOR US AND NOT EVERYONE ELSE, IT AINT TANGIBLE.

We need COMPENSATORY CORRECTIVE ADJUSTMENTS AND RECOMPENSE TO FIX AN ON GOING AND EXTREMELY HAZARDOUS AMERICAN PROBLEM.

And you're in a position to demand all this I guess...

:mjlol:

... and your leverage is: give us reparations or we'll give another 4 years to the klansman in the white house (and then trump 2.0 with a fully stacked supreme court)...

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

... all for the benefit of black people presumably....

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Daps
Except that Medicare for All and free higher education ARE tangibles. You can't say they aren't. And other countries on our level have such things already.

They are not tangible solutions that specifically address the unique and centuries long racism black people - American descendants of slavery - have been subject to up until present day. The way in which you mock the appeal for reparative justice that is owed to not just living ADOS, but the millions who died while in chains, tells me you are either a cac or non-ADOS black immigrant. FOH. :francis:

Daps
Reparations has to go to the Supreme Court, NOT the president. Anyone expecting a pro reparations candidate to win is delusional.

We will NEVER convince white or any other voters to do the right thing unless they receive some kind of benefit. You are not gong to shame people into doing the right thing.

Trump already put two conservatives on the Supreme Court, but hey, don't vote.

I swear, black people don't know how to think logically, and not emotionally. Look how black people are treated in this country, and think those same people who treat us like trash are going to vote to help us.

futureDevelopment

~crackin windshields~
Daps
They are not tangible solutions that specifically address the unique and centuries long racism black people - American descendants of slavery - have been subject to up until present day. The way in which you mock the appeal for reparative justice that is owed to not just living ADOS, but the millions who died while in chains, tells me you are either a cac or non-ADOS black immigrant. FOH. :francis:

I don't mock reparations. I mock the way you're falling for it in the shadow of Election 2020.

And free health care and free higher education ARE tangibles. You're just pissed that they won't be exclusive to blacks, and I'm not.

High Society

MY Kind of People
Daps
Reppin
The Country Club
Black (or even white) Democrat: 'We have made some mistakes, let's try to fix it"

TheColi: "What have they ever done for black people? Why should we believe anything they say? Just more symbolism for votes!!!!1!1!!11!"

Blatant White Supremacist when republican presidency is on the line on a wedge issue: "Lets "consider" reparations"

TheColi:
Its a political strategy, he is not only acknowledging he was wrong, he is saying he is taking his style and he is going to run with his own narrative.

:pachaha:

Fools, the lot of you heathens.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)

Think how nate parker flipped birth of a nation.

This is political green lighting, to let conservatives know to get on code.
It might sound silly but I think a minor tweak in the title would have been more respectful and less... co-opty

It's a different dynamic, but the original film was "Birth Of A Nation" and Nate Parker's film was titled "THE Birth Of A Nation"

In this instance I think "A Case For Reparations" would have been more appropriate. It respects Coates work and opens a dialogue without the impression of authority (as a white man) on the issue.

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
Black (or even white) Democrat: 'We have made some mistakes, let's try to fix it"

TheColi: "What have they ever done for black people? Why should we believe anything they say? Just more symbolism for votes!!!!1!1!!11!"

Blatant White Supremacist when republican presidency is on the line on a wedge issue: "Lets "consider" reparations"

TheColi:

:pachaha:

Fools, the lot of you heathens
Not saying anything of merit as usual, are you a political scientist? Or another cracker with a troll account?

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
OP is an ardent Trump supporter. :stephena1:

Doesn't mean I'm against reparations for Black Americans (certainly not, they are needed and just), but it's odd that the OP and others are reaching so hard for conservative cac validation. :bppatrice:

Take that as you will. :cpagehubie:

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
It might sound silly but I think a minor tweak in the title would have been more respectful and less... co-opty
That is the point, he WANTS to co-opt it.

He can't control ADOS narrative tho. But if he wants to spread the message that will lead to tangibles, im for it:yeshrug:

It was only Dems talking about and refusing it, now Republicans are officially talking about it and running with it, USING ADOS LANGUAGE