Conway & The Alchemist - Lulu EP (Discussion Thread)

AJtheOne

Nets/Giants/Yankees
Daps
Reppin
N.E.W. Jerz/#TNT
Let's toast to my enemies, no, let's toast to my injuries
Turned my negative to positive, I don't need no sympathy
I'm the GOAT 'til infinity, I wrote with intensity
Plus, my potent delivery, I just hope they remember me

:wow: the Contract

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
i love everything on this. i just hate that its only an ep. i couldve at least used another verse on contact. i dare say he's rapping better than benny here. ive been very critical of the dudes but this is a phenomenal project.
5/5.
The fukked up thing is that it was originally a full album but Conway cut a few joints from it at the 11th hour and moved them to his next project. :francis:

If you want to hear a few of the Lulu leftovers that'll be on King to a God

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Is king to a god his official album or another ep?
It’s another EP. Although when he played it on IG I counted almost ten tracks.

The idea was for it to be Lulu, King to a God, and God Don't Make Mistakes. Like he was going from a plug (Lulu), to a kingpin, then to a god.

But for some reason he released that Big Ghost EP and threw off the plan.

i love everything on this. i just hate that its only an ep. i couldve at least used another verse on contact. i dare say he's rapping better than benny here. ive been very critical of the dudes but this is a phenomenal project.
5/5.
This is definitely what I’m gonna suggest people start with for Conway because it’s short and sweet, and there’s a lot of variety (like the introspection on Contract, the fast flow on Calvin, and even some rare hooks).

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu

need this one too

Conway played this on his live stream yesterday. It’s called God Don’t Make Mistakes and it’s the 2nd to last track on the album of the same name. Produced by Alchemist. The last track on the album is The Cow (the old song)

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Still getting spins. My favorite Conway project in a minute. Picked out some great backdrops from Al too
Same. I slept on No One Mourns the Wicked though. IMO that one is more straightforward and this one is a little more experimental on production and with some of the hooks and the flows. No One Mourns is like straightforward Conway and sounds more like another entry into the Everybody’s Food series. Lulu sounds more like a true side project.