Conway & The Alchemist - Lulu EP (Discussion Thread)

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
I'm sorry, I could be wrong, but this is the best alchemist produced project that has come out recently, I put it over gibbs, cool kids and Boldy. Plays out like a movie, Conway is very potent on the raps, this shyt might be one of my favorite releases this year. @savoutch @TheDarceKnight

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
For whatever reason this reminds me of M1CS by Boldy, it's like the beats were tailor made for him and plays out like a movie @savoutch @TheDarceKnight
Great take. I still prefer Tea in China a little bit because I think Boldy has a lot of depth on it. Someone described it as a modern day Reasonable Doubt tale, through the eyes of Detroit. I like that analogy, and I think Boldy has some more depth on there than Conway, although as a pure rhymer Conway is clearly better. But yeah, Lulu is amazing. Everything felt tailor made, and I think the drums in particular have a live quality and sound different than most of what Al has done before.

Side note, just like they are dropping a Deluxe version of Tea in China with a new cover and bonus tracks (this Friday), they should be releasing a deluxe Lulu later this year with a new cover and bonus tracks, as there were a handful of tracks that got cut from Lulu. A few of them are on YouTube and I wish they hadn’t been cut. Edit: @Alvin yrag the new website alcrecords.com says Lulu ALC Edition coming soon. So it should be bonus tracks or instrumentals

Last edited:

LJLYDK!

All Star
Daps
Anyone know anything about this?

Conway the Machine - Shoot Sideways [OG] | 2019

Someone’s selling it on a diff site

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Anyone know anything about this?

Conway the Machine - Shoot Sideways [OG] | 2019

Someone’s selling it on a diff site
Is it a vinyl? I don’t know anything about an alternate version. I just know some of the songs that were removed at the last second.

LJLYDK!

All Star
Daps
Is it a vinyl? I don’t know anything about an alternate version. I just know some of the songs that were removed at the last second.

Not a vinyl, The original version of Shoot Sideways apparently, There’s a snippet but it’s got screaming all over it so you can’t really make out and differences and it’s so short, idk how much they were selling for their was just a list of diff stuff and I saw the name Conway the Machine - Shoot Sideways [OG] | 2019. And was wondering how it differed from the one released

Speaking of original versions this came out not so long ago.

Freddie Gibbs & Tyler the Creator - Something to rap about OG

I got my hopes up when I saw it but had a listen and couldn’t tell any differences whatsoever from the one released

This is what was said on it to me

“no real differences vocal wise the instrumental is a bit different from tylers verse on”

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Not a vinyl, The original version of Shoot Sideways apparently, There’s a snippet but it’s got screaming all over it so you can’t really make out and differences and it’s so short, idk how much they were selling for their was just a list of diff stuff and I saw the name Conway the Machine - Shoot Sideways [OG] | 2019. And was wondering how it differed from the one released

Speaking of original versions this came out not so long ago.

Freddie Gibbs & Tyler the Creator - Something to rap about OG

I got my hopes up when I saw it but had a listen and couldn’t tell any differences whatsoever from the one released

This is what was said on it to me

“no real differences vocal wise the instrumental is a bit different from tylers verse on”
You got a link to either? Even if it's just a snippet?
:ohhh:

EDIT: @LJLYDK! a lot of times when Alc is working with Conway, Gibbs, or Boldy, they werite so fast that they're ready to record before he even finishes the beat. That's *sometimes* the reason why some of the joints we hear end up without drums, or sound more minimalist. '94 Ghost for example is actually an unfinished beat, but they thought it sounded dope enough so they released it. A lot of the extra sound effects and little change-ups and stuff on Tea in China were made after the vocals were all recorded. So my guess is that on the OG Something to Rap About and Shoot Sideways, the difference is likely certain little sound effects, the drums weren't punched up as much yet, or very tiny little change-ups hadn't been added at that point. So the differences are probably really small.

Last edited:

LJLYDK!

All Star
Daps
You got a link to either? Even if it's just a snippet?
:ohhh:

Yeah I can grab the Freddie & Tyler track and the Conway snippet

They had these too so I’m wondering what they are

Curren$y A .prod Alchemist | 2018

Freddie Gibbs A | 2020

Ps. 2 mins on derap winkel For FKTG

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Yeah I can grab the Freddie & Tyler track and the Conway snippet

They had these too so I’m wondering what they are

Curren$y A .prod Alchemist | 2018

Freddie Gibbs A | 2020

Ps. 2 mins on derap winkel For FKTG
I'm thinking the Spitta could be Fetti (2018), and the Gibbs could be Alfredo (2018)?

No rush. I was able to get a FKTAG vinyl.

LJLYDK!

All Star
Daps
I'm thinking the Spitta could be Fetti (2018), and the Gibbs could be Alfredo (2018)?

No rush. I was able to get a FKTAG vinyl.

Damn that was a quick sell out again for anything other than standard black, I was able to get one too, as of now there’s 150 left

Yeah I think you could be right on those, Gonna get some snippets now and I’ll get the Conway and Gibbs too