Conway & The Alchemist - Lulu EP (Discussion Thread)

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Black vinyl with instrumentals on the B-side still up if anyone wants it: Lulu (Black Vinyl)

I'm really happy man. He's gonna keep doing this too. He did it on Food Villain but no one really caught it. The black vinyl was on sale for over an hour.

Looks like Alfredo ALC Edition is next according to the site (so new cover and instrumentals) and then Tea in China Deluxe after that.

I was telling @areohbee82 that Alc could probably just eat forever at this point by just repackaging and seeing whatever parts of his catalogue he owns from now until the end of time. Sounds nice. Imagine checking your PayPal in less than 5 minutes and seeing thousands of order times at least 40 bucks a piece. :damn:

I was just lamenting missing that Price of Tea in China drop :banderas:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
My 1st full Conway listening experience (shootouts to @TheDarceKnight ). So far, so good. AL definitely laced son.

The Contract and 14 Ki's:ohlawd:

Is this nikka Westside Gunn in the bg doing his adlibs the entire time tho? :gucci:
Glad I could help breh. I really, really recommend listening to From King to a God next. That's his best and most full-fledged, true album sounding project IMO. Bars seriously leveled up too, and way heavier on the content than Lulu.

Glad you like Lulu though. I wish it had 2 or 3 more songs. it feels a little bit short, but it's dope. Definitely one of the more interesting batches from Al I've heard in a long time. Lot of almost live-sounding drums. And Conway doing some more diverse flows and pockets like on Contract and Calvin.

Re: the bolded. Conway also does the gunshot sound adlibs too.:heh: Not nearly as much as Westside though.

Edit: This joint called Piano Love was supposed to be on Lulu but got left off at the last second. :mjcry:

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Griselda nikkas release so much shyt I got a lot of catching up to do

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It don't make no sense how hard this "Calvin" shyt is, :picard:. Don't even like this style of music/rhyming no more but this shyt tough as nails

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Yeah, alan put drums on this shyt and this tape was hitting, easily my favorite alchemist release from last year @TheDarceKnight
I know they took a good 2-4 songs off of Lulu and moved them to other projects. I've heard the new single, Piano Love was one of those songs. If you add to your Lulu playlist it fits right in with the vibe of hard bass and drums on the other Lulu songs.