Cooked Kings, bytchmade bigs, and shytty snitches: Your 2022-23 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

How we looking brehs?

• Total voters

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Good win by the Lakers. They did what they were supposed to do...Lebron/AD showed up, especially in the 4th quarter....Reaves was fantastic filling in for Walker.......Russ shot the ball poorly but he hit 2 huge buzzer-beaters that gave LA some breathing room...Nice contribution from Bryant off the bench.......If the Lakers had a decent shooter instead of Beverley they'd have 3-4 more wins easily.

VegasCAC

Leader of #CACset
Supporter
Daps
Take away the 3 games Lebron played injured (NO, Utah, Indiana).......He's putting up 27.4 pts on 49/37/75 shooting
Every year since like 2015 people @CantStop and can't help themselves from making "Ledecline" threads. I've heard how the man is washed more times than I can count.

Yeah he's not the same player he was in his prime but he isn't dropping off a cliff like Kobe. His injuries have been nagging, not catastrophic, and as a result he's coming to a slow drop-off.

There may be a dramatic decline like his haters have been dreaming about. But its in the future, it hasn't come yet.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Every year since like 2015 people @CantStop and can't help themselves from making "Ledecline" threads. I've heard how the man is washed more times than I can count.

Yeah he's not the same player he was in his prime but he isn't dropping off a cliff like Kobe. His injuries have been nagging, not catastrophic, and as a result he's coming to a slow drop-off.

There may be a dramatic decline like his haters have been dreaming about. But its in the future, it hasn't come yet.
This. The drop off is that he's not Wolverine anymore and can't twist an ankle then put up 40 like once could. Now it's starting make him mortal. But a relatively healthy Bron can give you 30/8/8 on great efficiency still

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Almost nothing of what you said is true. All his offensive numbers are down. He's been a 36% three point shooter for his career with a couple 40% seasons. He's averaged 10 boards a game twice and he's a good defender.

He could easily slot into the four spot on this team AND going forward next to AD.
Why are his numbers down? Why has the coach reduced his role over the past 3 years? You can’t provide any facts to refute anything that I said as false

He’s never shot more than 3.6 3PA because he’s not a high volume shooter that’s a fact

He’s not a post scoring deterrent and he gets absolutely bodied down low that’s a fact

He can’t defend the perimeter because he doesn’t have the foot speed that’s a fact

10rpg means nothing as he was their only big that season getting steady minutes he was able to clean up he’d never average 10 rpg next to AD just like his rebounds plummeted when Capela came .. his career rebounding percentage is 15% which is mediocre at best that same number is what AD has been posting the past few years in LA and people complain about him not hitting the boards hard enough ..elite rebounders like Drummond average somewhere in the mid 20% range.. his 12.4 rebound percentage this season is lower than Kyle Kuzma and I’ve never heard anyone claim Kuzma as some sort of rebounding wizard

He’s just another one of these empty stats guys that mesmerizes casuals because of a few highlight dunks a year and some empty calorie scoring ..but it’s no coincidence that the more his role became reduced in Atlanta the better the team became ..he’d be another nikka Rob wasted a 1st on that would clog up the paint and have y’all begging to ship out in another year tbh