Corey Holcomb criticizes Dave Chappelle

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
Dave really killed his reputation in the eyes of so many Black people with his Musk association.
Sadly I don't think he cares.
Like many have done before him, they used a Black audience as a stepping stone to reach a White audience.

He may not care because Musk is a tech billionaire and Dave is probably star struck..Dave will never abandon Musk because it would highlight how he's buddies with a apartheid fascist. Instead he'll downplay Musk racism and pretend he doesn't see or hear it.
When's the last time a Black man accepted in White circles came to his senses and went back to the hood per se.
It’s just crazy to me. Dave is surely worth upwards of 50 million conservatively. Additionally he’s well aware of racism. Why in the world would he give his self respect to Elon Musk of all people? I know that rich world is nothing like the regular one but you’d think there would be some kind of limit.

blockburna420

Consecutive thumbs up
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It’s just crazy to me. Dave is surely worth upwards of 50 million conservatively. Additionally he’s well aware of racism. Why in the world would he give his self respect to Elon Musk of all people? I know that rich world is nothing like the regular one but you’d think there would be some kind of limit.
At the end of the day , you concerned about them. Thats interesting 4 all parties

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
If he’s talking about his recent netflix specials, i agree. I only liked his first netflix special when he was talking about OJ.. “that nikka did that shyt”. The rest of his specials on netflix were meh.

Now Dave’s old standup before netflix is fukking hilarious and goat material. Even Dave’s last appearance on SNL when he was talking Kanye and Urkraine was laugh out loud funny. So im kinda lost as to what Corey is talking about.

IMO Dave is the goat but he needs to go back to his roots. He was the king of race jokes. His trans joke are funny but they were never the main course like his recent stuff.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK

His OJ stories on his first netflix special are hilarious. IMO his netflix specials have gone downhill since then.

BunchePark

Coli N Calisthenics
Daps
Reppin
Broward
list of comedian I've seen live off the dome

Russel Peters x1
Katt x1
John Witherspoon x1 (RIP)
Faizon x2
Tommy Davidson x1(killed that shyt)
Corey Holcomb x3
Mike Epps x2
Deray Davis x2
Benji Brown x2
Rickey Smiley x2
Cheryl Underwood x1
Michael Blackson x3
Kevin Hart x3
Lil Duval x3
Majah Hype x1
DC Young fly x2
Chico Bean x2
Deon Cole x1
Bruce Bruce x1

that's just off the dome I know I'm missing a bunch especially the unknown

just had tickets to see Dave like a month ago but gave it to my brother

he said the crowd hated because he was on his fukk LGBT shyt....broskie had fun tho

Corey is a wild nikka....straight shyt talker 😭 I remember at one show he went in on this waitress....said something along the lines of "bytch why yo big ass mad at me cause them tips light...my fee is paid up front"

basically implied that she was mad because she was fat and had a job that keeps her on her feet but it was wild because I never seen a comic go at staff or even acknowledge them 🤣

"after the show yall meet me out front I got some lil puss ass tshirts" 😭😭😭

Corey a funny nikka man always liked him since Foxxhole but that recent shyt with his daughter I hope he clean that shyt up for real and not just for the internet people

AngryBaby

All Star
Daps
Have you ever actually seen Corey or Dave live?

I seen Dave Chappelle himself say he wouldn't want to go on after Corey.:patrice:

I just saw Dave live. Corey is more on the lines of someone that would open for him...

Dave at the united center in chicago was waaay past the shallow stuff that you would see from Corey. Like I said, Corey has never made a for what its worth or killin em softly.

His humor aint really that clever. Dave has more of a boondocks esque humor whereas Corey is more typical black dude comedian.

Like if dave was doing for what its worth and then corey went on after that it'd be a major mistake.

UpNext

All Star
Daps
I just saw Dave live. Corey is more on the lines of someone that would open for him...

Dave at the united center in chicago was waaay past the shallow stuff that you would see from Corey. Like I said, Corey has never made a for what its worth or killin em softly.

His humor aint really that clever. Dave has more of a boondocks esque humor whereas Corey is more typical black dude comedian.

Like if dave was doing for what its worth and then corey went on after that it'd be a major mistake.
So you haven't seen Corey live. :patrice:

You're not gonna find too many people who've seen both live that thinks Corey would open for Dave in a black majority audience. Dave would have to go on first, his set wouldn't hit like that if he tried to follow Corey. Corey would kill going before or after Dave tho :yeshrug:

AngryBaby

All Star
Daps
So you haven't seen Corey live. :patrice:

You're not gonna find too many people who've seen both live that thinks Corey would open for Dave in a black majority audience. Dave would have to go on first, his set wouldn't hit like that if he tried to follow Corey. Corey would kill going before or after Dave tho :yeshrug:
Lol yeah, key phrase. "Black majority audience". But thats not the only type of audience that matters...

not to mention that unfortunately when theres a black majority audience the type of humor that kills tends to be the same shyt. Mike Epps might kill in a black majority audience but his sets simply arent as good as for what its worth or killing them softly. Its tends more shallow jokes, less storytelling and playing up to low brow shyt.

Boondocks wouldnt do well with that same audience either? Why? Because the type of nikkas that boondocks satirizes (say..Riley for example) are in those audiences lol

A bunch of Rileys are gonna like Riley shyt.