Corey Holcomb criticizes Dave Chappelle

BandOfGypsys

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MD
I loved Dave's last special, even if it wasn't his best it's still better than 90% of nikkas out here so i can't relate to the hate for his last special.

As far as what he said about Kat Williams I don't get why some people are upset over his personal opinion. Kats interview was hilarious but are people taking it so serious? It clearly was half truths half jokes. MF putting it out like Dave "betrayed" Kat or something as if he can't have his own opinion and has to dikk ride Kat the way nikkas are doing now.

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
I don't mind comedians evolving and "talking like the big homie." Paul Mooney, dikk Gregory, Bill Cosby and George Carlin fit that description.

My issue with Dave was that he clearly did not watch the interview or understand the context. nikka just up there drunk babbling and not saying shyt. Katt was responding. He didn't just wake up and randomly decide to go to Club Shay Shay.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I don't mind comedians evolving and "talking like the big homie." Paul Mooney, dikk Gregory, Bill Cosby and George Carlin fit that description.

My issue with Dave was that he clearly did not watch the interview or understand the context. nikka just up there drunk babbling and not saying shyt. Katt was responding. He didn't just wake up and randomly decide to go to Club Shay Shay.

Bullshyt.

Kicking Tiffany Haddish while she's down, talking about nikkas wives, dead children, saying Earthquake can't read and a whole host of other shyt lied squarely outside of defending himself or setting the record straight on Ced/Steve/Ricky.

And keep in mind, Quake is Dave's guy...why in the fukk would he co-sign just spewing shyt at other black comedians, especially someone like Quake who clearly didn't do shyt to Katt to deserve catching that stray because if he did he surely would have went into detail about it.

Soylent Greenz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I'm not a Holcomb guy at all, but I believe he's right about Chappelle hijacking comedy clubs. If Dave is in the building the comedy club will immediately give him a set if he wants to and the rest of the comics who were scheduled to perform will more than likely will not be able to get on stage that night. Then Dave will be up there for two hours smoking, drinking, and not telling any jokes. :francis:

If you don't mind me asking,WHO do you think is funny in the stand up game?

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
How many specials does Corey have?
He has been angry and bitter since that show he had on the Foxxhole.

Same material, his baby mama aint shyt, abortion jokes, bytches aint shyt.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Funny how from one side Dave hates LBGT and now he’s being accused of supporting them too much 😂

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Bullshyt.

Kicking Tiffany Haddish while she's down, talking about nikkas wives, dead children, saying Earthquake can't read and a whole host of other shyt lied squarely outside of defending himself or setting the record straight on Ced/Steve/Ricky.

And keep in mind, Quake is Dave's guy...why in the fukk would he co-sign just spewing shyt at other black comedians, especially someone like Quake who clearly didn't do shyt to Katt to deserve catching that stray because if he did he surely would have went into detail about it.
I bust out laughing when he said that :heh:

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I kinda agree. Dave is so caught up in his story tellin and this psuedo divine space that he cease to tell a joke. He will sprinkle funny shyt in btw. But funny like his first two joints, nah.

I dont doubt that corey is lying. Its been well talked about daves 3 hours sets. Just rambling and smoking.

The funny shirt shyt is hilarious though.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
yup. One of my favorite comedians of all time, but won't support him unless he completely disavows his ties with Musk and apologizes for it.

Dave really killed his reputation in the eyes of so many Black people with his Musk association.
Sadly I don't think he cares.
Like many have done before him, they used a Black audience as a stepping stone to reach a White audience.

He may not care because Musk is a tech billionaire and Dave is probably star struck..Dave will never abandon Musk because it would highlight how he's buddies with a apartheid fascist. Instead he'll downplay Musk racism and pretend he doesn't see or hear it.
When's the last time a Black man accepted in White circles came to his senses and went back to the hood per se.