Reppin
The '84 Babies
Man, Nature moved to Marcy.

bop-inspired-58a4e2711fbc0176da4505ed-g.gif

dikk Riding Nature?????!!!!

LevelUp

Don't Like My Threads, Blow The Whistle
Daps
The deal with Marley Marl in 1992 Cormega mentioned was with Pendulum Records via Elektra. Marley Marl had a 2 act deal on the table for Cormega & Lords Of The Underground but Mega got locked for a robbery which he was convicted for and sentenced to a 3-5 which he won an appeal for and came home in 3. Before he got locked Mega was the illest young rapper in QB at the time and out of Marley Marls own mouth the first gangster rapper from Queensbridge which all garnered him a guest verse on PHD aka Poet & Hot Day's first album at the age of 14!\

2:21

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Can Cormega just eat some opinions and keep it moving?. Everything about the music business is hit or miss and opinions drive the whole success and failure of that industry.

The biggest artists of any genre are criticized and flaws talked about. He ain't above criticism. I mean damn...

You take the good and bad. He found his lane and lived.

Steve is a mastermind. He has flaws, but he did a ton of right moves for a lot of artists...

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
That story about Puff and Wolf (assumedly) running in Steve's office "with champagne bottles on Steve" is too classic. Puff was on one that whole year, ending with the tragic Club NY incident. Imagine the ego to crucify yourself for a music video, have second thoughts because "your pastor" and then beat and punk out an exec in his own office when he won't remove you :deadmanny:

Classic 90's moment.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Its like this. I dont agree with everything Stoute says but Mega been telling his side of the story and villianizing Nas for years. Now he dont like when the tables is turned. And with Nas it wasnt just a shout out. Nas put him on IWW. Nas was gonna put the nikka on with a group full of signed gold and platinum artists and an album exective produced by a legendary producer in Dr. Dre. With basically zero leverage. I dont care what nobody say. Nas gave that nikka a good fukkin look and even with his issues with Stoute(which whom he shouldve aimed most of his heat at anyway) he still refused to acknowledge how much of a good look Nas gave him.

the funny thing is mega has admitted before that nas basically gave his career life with the shout out in Illmatic and then IWW

DX: For sure. I think it’s kind of cliché to bring up Nas in a Cormega interview. And I hate watching or reading those interviews because you’re Cormega, not Nas. But since we’re talking about Queensbridge influencers, did Nas, aside from the shoutouts on “One Love” and “Represent,” impact your career heavily?

Cormega: Yes, he did. He definitely did. His influence wanted to make people sign me and associate with me. His influence was important, because once I was a part of that Firm situation, it was a big buzz, so I guess that made the stock go up. So he definitely was important. I can’t front on anybody. The It Was Written album was the biggest album I’ve ever been on. It was a multi-platinum album. I can’t front. I’m thankful for that.

Cormega Charts His Growth After Industry Blacklisting Following The Firm Split

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can Cormega just eat some opinions and keep it moving?. Everything about the music business is hit or miss and opinions drive the whole success and failure of that industry.

The biggest artists of any genre are criticized and flaws talked about. He ain't above criticism. I mean damn...

You take the good and bad. He found his lane and lived.

Steve is a mastermind. He has flaws, but he did a ton of right moves for a lot of artists...
steve stoute is always trying to shyt on his whole career tho
in all honesty, his response was pretty mature

Curioser

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait, this ni66@ cormega said illmatic on a track in 92?!?!?!

He made it a hot line, Nas made it a hot album?

Nas looking a bit suspect here...