Could 3 NBA players (one All-Star) win the NCAA tournament?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I don't think so breh. You could just permanently double team the two best players and have your best defender on the third. No way they could overcome that.
defense would be impossibe.. 3 guys stretching the entire floor. 2 men always open.. more with good ball and off ball movement

even if they miss, they have more people to rebound. 3 can stay while the other two float back.. or flip that and stop all your fast breaks

and they have to do this back to back to back to back to back to back to back.. yea it's shorter time, but this ain't no normal damn game. the amount running around you gonna have to do.. imagine getting a double screen and both your teammates are covered each time and there's a third guy out there floating.

fukk outta here :pachaha:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

KD, KP & ERIC GORDON.

YOU NEED GUYS WHO CAN ALL HANDLE THE BALL
AND PULL UP
ONCE GIVEN ANY SPACE.

KD AND KP LENGTH CAN SHORTEN THE COURT.
:devil:
:evil:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
defense would be impossibe.. 3 guys stretching the entire floor. 2 men always open.. more with good ball and off ball movement

even if they miss, they have more people to rebound. 3 can stay while the other two float back.. or flip that and stop all your fast breaks

and they have to do this back to back to back to back to back to back to back.. yea it's shorter time, but this ain't no normal damn game. the amount running around you gonna have to do.. imagine getting a double screen and both your teammates are covered each time and there's a third guy out there floating.

fukk outta here :pachaha:
There isn't really any of that in college ball though. Most of the players wouldn't know what to do with the open space.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
I don't think so breh. You could just permanently double team the two best players and have your best defender on the third. No way they could overcome that.
When you put it like this, I'd like the chances of the NBA squad. Very few college athletes can lockdown a competent/borderline all-star NBA player. I watched Hassan Whiteside terrorize my NBA team a week ago.. You think a college kid has a chance?

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When you put it like this, I'd like the chances of the NBA squad. Very few college athletes can lockdown a competent/borderline all-star NBA player. I watched Hassan Whiteside terrorize my NBA team a week ago.. You think a college kid has a chance?

He wouldn't even really need to play lockdown d, just deny him the ball. The guy who's supposed to pass it to him is double teamed so there's only so many places he can pass it. Plus, even if the pass is completed they would just switch another defender on him to create another double team and the whole thing starts over again.

Daps
He wouldn't even really need to play lockdown d, just deny him the ball. The guy who's supposed to pass it to him is double teamed so there's only so many places he can pass it. Plus, even if the pass is completed they would just switch another defender on him to create another double team and the whole thing starts over again.
Offensively, the NBA squad would be able to hold their own for the most part - the trouble they'd have is on the other end (it's easier to get past/score on 2+ players, than it is to defend 2+ players in general). No amount of skill, strength, endurance, and BBIQ advantage is gonna make up for defending 40% more players in a full-court environment.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
There isn't really any of that in college ball though. Most of the players wouldn't know what to do with the open space.
see i didn't want to get too deep into this... but it says the NCAA TOURNEY

you gonna go up against the top coaches in college, and all the sudden coach k and them nikkas can't explain how to beat 3 players with 5 fukking players.. there's still gonna be coaching going on, time outs, plays drawn up, strategy

and all they have to do is lose 1 time, for them to be out of the game

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
KD, KP & ERIC GORDON.

YOU NEED GUYS WHO CAN ALL HANDLE THE BALL
AND PULL UP
ONCE GIVEN ANY SPACE.

KD AND KP LENGTH CAN SHORTEN THE COURT.
:devil:
:evil:

KD, Javale and Eric Gordon

I'd glue Javale to the post on O and D

I find it funny nobody is bringing up names.

Name some names of a college kid that suppose to hit every "open" shots with Lebron James running towards him.

I see every game starting with the NBA team getting off to a big lead and just coasting, protecting the lead.

Last edited:

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
People don’t realize how few great teams you actually need to go thru on a college title run. Your average 4-5 seed would get washed by a team of 3 legit nba athletes. Minnesota is decent by college hooping standards this year (tourney 5 seed last year granted they were overseeded) and was stymied by a 1-2 zone :dead: they just don’t have the basketball iq anymore at the college level for the basics of the game. AAU and hero high school ball is all they know. They’d get absolutely washed

kuts

All Star
Daps
Yes, especially if the all-star player is LeBron James.

:birdman: