COUNTDOWN to the REMOVAL of the Worst GM in the NBA

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Would any of these franchises allow a guy to be GM for 13 years with no 50 win season and not even a conference finals appearance?

Serious question

off the top of my head I think if you told T Wolves, Blazers,76ers, Nets and Suns fans "for 13 years you not going to win 50 games and you not going to the conference finals but you will make the playoffs 3 or 4 times and go to the 2nd round" I think they are somewhere between :ehh: and :blessed:

Now on the flipside of that...what would you do if I told you..."Okay your GM just traded a guy that you took in the previous year as a top 10 pick...for a protected top 10 pick...the right to swap first round picks...a 2nd round pick...and two international players...and all of this led to you signing Rajon Rondo and Marco Bellinelli...and you did not have to do any of this...you could have used something like the stretch provision to get rid of Stauskas and all you got to do is spread his already low salary over multiple years"

You want Grunfield or you want a guy who just pissed away probably two years worth of draft picks because he was to dumb to know there are specialized rules in the CBA to allow a team to cut a player they don't want anymore...?

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Nobody will ever be as bad as David Kahn

1) Drafted Ricky Rubio Over Steph Curry with the fifth pick
2) Then with the next next pick, he chose Johnny Flynn
3) Chose Wesley Johnson fourth overall in 2010
4) Chose Wesley Johnson over Demarcus cousins who was drafted right after Johnson.

:scust:

When it comes to current GM's it has to be Sam Hinke. He has four centers or power forwards, and doesn't know what to do with them.

1)Okafor
2)Noel
3) Embiid
4)Saric

Here is the deal with Hinkie...if Okafor Embiid and Noel pan out...then he will be able to trade anyone of those dudes for virtually anyone ...

Those 3 guys panning out is the equivalent to trading one of them for Westbrook or Kyrie or Paul George...pretty much any player not named Kawhi, AD, Jimmy Butler, or maybe KD...and 3 of these 4 names are on this list just because their front office consider these guys to be the face of the franchise so they not trading them for more than just basketball reasons...

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
It took Riley 10 years to get a Title in Miami and it took Shaq wanting out to make it happen.

Ainge got his ring because McHale did his old team a favor

Kupchak still has a job because Jerry West did another favor for his old team.

M
it's not just about the titles. Who is Grunfeld's signature signing, signature trade..?

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
it's not just about the titles. Who is Grunfeld's signature signing, signature trade..?

Gilbert Arenas in 2003 when he was stolen away from the Warriors for 6 years $66 million. The NBA had to create the Arenas rule so teams could have more rights over 2nd round picks. Word to @Blackthoughts

Signature trade. Kwame Brown for Caron Butler in 2005.

These are a decade plus old now.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
off the top of my head I think if you told T Wolves, Blazers,76ers, Nets and Suns fans "for 13 years you not going to win 50 games and you not going to the conference finals but you will make the playoffs 3 or 4 times and go to the 2nd round" I think they are somewhere between :ehh: and :blessed:

Now on the flipside of that...what would you do if I told you..."Okay your GM just traded a guy that you took in the previous year as a top 10 pick...for a protected top 10 pick...the right to swap first round picks...a 2nd round pick...and two international players...and all of this led to you signing Rajon Rondo and Marco Bellinelli...and you did not have to do any of this...you could have used something like the stretch provision to get rid of Stauskas and all you got to do is spread his already low salary over multiple years"

You want Grunfield or you want a guy who just pissed away probably two years worth of draft picks because he was to dumb to know there are specialized rules in the CBA to allow a team to cut a player they don't want anymore...?

Both are bad but the Kings will actually make the change

Grunfeld has pissed away picks. 2009 we had the #5 pick and he traded it for Foye and Mike Miller. 2011 he has two first rounders and drafts the two busts while everyone else found a guy who can play.

He also just burned our 2016 pick on Markieff and now the Suns will get the pick because the Wizards aren't making the playoffs and won't be bad enough to be in the top 9.

Unless they jump in the top 3.

His salary cap management was also terrible for years. Why would you give Jamison and Arenas $160 million in 2008? Esp when Arenas was in the midst of multiple knee surgeries?

And the contracts to marginal players

And the Wizards having the 3rd worst record in basketball since 2003

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It took Riley 10 years to get a Title in Miami and it took Shaq wanting out to make it happen.

Ainge got his ring because McHale did his old team a favor

Kupchak still has a job because Jerry West did another favor for his old team.

M
Ok so why won't anyone do a favor for Grunfield then?

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Both are bad but the Kings will actually make the change

Grunfeld has pissed away picks. 2009 we had the #5 pick and he traded it for Foye and Mike Miller. 2011 he has two first rounders and drafts the two busts while everyone else found a guy who can play.

He also just burned our 2016 pick on Markieff and now the Suns will get the pick because the Wizards aren't making the playoffs and won't be bad enough to be in the top 9.

Unless they jump in the top 3.

His salary cap management was also terrible for years. Why would you give Jamison and Arenas $160 million in 2008? Esp when Arenas was in the midst of multiple knee surgeries?

And the contracts to marginal players

And the Wizards having the 3rd worst record in basketball since 2003

On that count...you are right. Even if you never could have forseen Gilbert GunsintheArenas losing his damn mind...he was in the midst of knee trouble when he signed that deal :francis:

KOBE

Superstar
Daps
Mitch Kupchak.

Traded 4 draft picks for a 40 year old Steve Nash who was a FA. :wow: :laff:

He also traded Lamar Odom(who went on to do nothing) and Pau Gasol for Chris Paul.

He also traded Bynum(who went on to never even play) and a single first rounder for Dwight Howard.

It's not Mitch's fault that the league fukked up his plan of making a team centered around CP3/Dwight/Kobe and he had to be drastic with the Nash move. What he was giving up for two players considered superstars was amazing.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
the fact grunfeld and Wittman still have jobs shows me that Ted leonis doesn't give a fukk bout the organization.. nikka just wants to own a team to say he owns one :francis:

He was slow to fire McPhee with the Caps (he was GM for 17 years).

But now look at the Caps since then. They might actually win the Cup