Countdown to UFC 209: "You really gonna season chicken?"

ThaGlow

All Star
Daps
Hollywood_height_full.jpg

Thank god I'm not short :pachaha:
Bardem is only 5'7"...... I legit thought this mufukka was beast in No Country for Old Men.

Anyway, it was surprising that an elusive fighter like Dominick Cruz called it for Woodley. I thought he'd go for Wonderboy. :ehh:

Maybe Wonderboy just too damn one dimensional.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't see the fight last night (will watch today) but I'm glad Woodley isn't apologizing for the way he fought.
He shouldn't apologize, because it takes 2 to fight and their styles don't mesh at all, wonderboy didn't do anything to make it An exciting fight or to really take the title .

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Bardem is only 5'7"...... I legit thought this mufukka was beast in No Country for Old Men.

Anyway, it was surprising that an elusive fighter like Dominick Cruz called it for Woodley. I thought he'd go for Wonderboy. :ehh:

Maybe Wonderboy just too damn one dimensional.
Nope they are colleagues in the Fs1 booth so they have to root for their man to avoid any awkwardness (ala Kenny Floridian and cruz)

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you said submissions, I said finishes, and their tied

Anderon Silva has the most with 14 lmao which is good for Silva because they aren't counting his whole career, just UFC, which is why he is easily the GOAT

and he's tied with Vitor Belfort who ha been in the UFC since he was 18 lmao, this nikka has been fight MMA has long as Mayweather been boxing

and mayweather has damn near twice has many KO's

The guy people said can't KO anyone and is boring, has twice as many stoppages as anyone in UFC history lmao

so the point still stands, Erroll Spence only been boxing pro for 4 years and he has MORE STOPPAGES THAN ANYONE IN UFC HISTORY

So yes boxing is way more exciting

Ok, again, you're repeating made-up numbers. Those are not Diaz's numbers for UFC, MMA overall, sure, but not in the UFC.

And "exciting" is relative and I find it amusing you're cherrypicking UFC. There are dozens upon dozens of MMA promotions around the planet. Many fighters have records that go beyond UFC.

And just as there may be exciting fighters in UFC that go for finishes as somene goes for finishes in boxing, there are guys that play to win on points in MMA just as there are guys that are super defensive and win on points in boxing

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
most finishes in UFC is 14,

The prospect Erroll Spence already has 18 out of 21 fights, and he's been fighting on free tv the pass few years

Danny Garcia got 19 KO' lmao

you don't watch boxing at all ,to even make that comment

MMA IS SO BORING, when a guy slips a few punche like Cody did against Cruz with some boxing movement, everybody acts like this is the best thing ever

WHEN THIS HAPPENS COUNTLESS TIMES IN EVERY GODDAMN BOXING MATCH

Of course I don't watch boxing, I'm not trying to fall asleep.

And it sounds like you're not concerned with boxing or MMA being exciting, you're just mad at casuals that overinflate the boxing ability of MMA fighters.

BREAKING NEWS: Someone that has to train boxing, muay thai, wrestling, jiu jitsu, and strength and conditioning isn't as good at one of the four martial arts they train versus someone who has trained only one martial art since birth.

DougFunnY

Make it a win
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
Connor didn't get promo and crazy money thrown at him as soon as he entered the octagon JUST because he was a white & Dana happened to like him. he has personality & charisma, he talks a lot of shyt AND he backs it up. plus he came in at the right time when the UFC and MMA in general was really reaching that cross over to mainstream stage with Ronda etc.

They went into overdrive with the hype from early on. Made his fight with siver look like a mega fight. They don't promote the others like they do conor. That's why there's hardly any stars in the ufc today. It's the mac show. Not saying any fighter can be as popular as him, but you gotta spread the attention

Last edited:

Tim Dripcan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
First, 5'9" is within an inch of the average male height. So while it's not tall, I wouldn't say it's short either

Second, a UFC fighter has all of the traits women find extremely attractive (high testosterone, low body fat, in peak shape, money, fame, confidence, strength, etc). Pretty sure nobody on thecoli would think dudes in the UFC have a hard time getting ass

Brother I agree with everything you stated. However, I'm not making this up when I say grown men on this forum complains about not attracting women cause they're short. Maybe it's thecoli but I'm just saying.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok, again, you're repeating made-up numbers. Those are not Diaz's numbers for UFC, MMA overall, sure, but not in the UFC.

And "exciting" is relative and I find it amusing you're cherrypicking UFC. There are dozens upon dozens of MMA promotions around the planet. Many fighters have records that go beyond UFC.

And just as there may be exciting fighters in UFC that go for finishes as somene goes for finishes in boxing, there are guys that play to win on points in MMA just as there are guys that are super defensive and win on points in boxing

Ban bet those numbers aren't made up

either take the bet or shut up

UFC's popular is over stated, that's why Zuffa sold it lmao, that's why they never report the actual ppv numbers and make up numbers, that's why the most exciting thing in MMA is Mcgregor fighting a 40 year old boxer

once again you are ignorant, like most mma fans who just started get into this combat sports thing

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Of course I don't watch boxing, I'm not trying to fall asleep.

And it sounds like you're not concerned with boxing or MMA being exciting, you're just mad at casuals that overinflate the boxing ability of MMA fighters.

BREAKING NEWS: Someone that has to train boxing, muay thai, wrestling, jiu jitsu, and strength and conditioning isn't as good at one of the four martial arts they train versus someone who has trained only one martial art since birth.

the only time MMA is exciting are when guys are standing on the feet boxing

that's what makes your claims so ridiculous

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They went into overdrive with the hype from early on. Made his fight with siver look like a mega fight. They don't promote the others like they do conor. That's why there's hardly any stars in the ufc today. It's the mac show. Not saying any fighter can be as popular as him, but you gotta spread the attention

No. The only extra promo they did with the Siver fight was having Conor cut a 15 second promo during the AFC championship. :heh: nikkas complain about the attention connor gets because they don't pay attention to other fighters. The UFC tries to sell every fight, and when I say every fight I mean literally every fight they try to hype up like a Mayweather vs Paquio type event.

Is this not promotion?

The UFC doesn't have stars because they don't protect their fighters to manufacture hype except for ronda. Ronda was only able to happen because that division was brand new and shallow enough for her to build up a record crushing cans.

UFC didn't manufacture his hype like Ronda's, they just cashed out on his legit hype and let the train go off the rails.

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
That might be a bit too big a step up in competition. The Overeem we saw tonight was very tactical and measured, that might be more than Ngannou can handle.

dana is desperate wouldn't be surprised if francis gets fast tracked even further 6 fights in.........

DougFunnY

Make it a win
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
No. The only extra promo they did with the Siver fight was having Conor cut a 15 second promo during the AFC championship. :heh: nikkas complain about the attention connor gets because they don't pay attention to other fighters. The UFC tries to sell every fight, and when I say every fight I mean literally every fight they try to hype up like a Mayweather vs Paquio type event.

Is this not promotion?

The UFC doesn't have stars because they don't protect their fighters to manufacture hype except for ronda. Ronda was only able to happen because that division was brand new and shallow enough for her to build up a record crushing cans.

UFC didn't manufacture his hype like Ronda's, they just cashed out on his legit hype and let the train go off the rails.

I never said they didn't promote others. I said they don't get a fraction of the promotion that Conor gets, which isn't debatable.

I must say though. It's pretty ironic that you mention ronda being protected, when in actuality she defended the belt mad times, and took on all comers. Conor can't say the same, because he's been protected more than ronda. Gifted title shots, doesnt defend, Dana hiding him from edgar, etc. Let's not open up that can of worms.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never said they didn't promote others. I said they don't get a fraction of the promotion that Conor gets, which isn't debatable.
Bro you can't even quantify how much more promotion one non-champion fighter gets over the other so yes it's hella debateable.

You talk about "others" as if 95% of the UFC roster isn't no name Joe Everyman fighters. Conor is the biggest PPV draw in UFC history. Do I really have to spell out how disingenuous your argument is comparing those? If YOU don't even give a fukk about those guys why would you think promoters would use them to sell events instead of the dude who was selling out Dublin stadiums when he was ranked outside the top 10

I must say though. It's pretty ironic that you mention ronda being protected, when in actuality she defended the belt mad times, and took on all comers. Conor can't say the same, because he's been protected more than ronda. Gifted title shots, doesnt defend, Dana hiding him from edgar, etc. Let's not open up that can of worms.

Jesus Christ I really am living in the era of alternative facts ass nikkas

Ronda "took on all comers" but ducked Cyborg her whole career and wouldn't step foot into a gym until Holly lost the title. Defended her belt "mad times" against women with less than 5 pro mma fights lol.

Yet conor has been protected even though he climbed the division legit beating a top 10, top 5, top 3 and champion in that order.

Protected even though his they put him up against Chad Mendes with short notice. Mind you chad was a top 5 wrestler in the company at the time, literally the best fighter using his stylistic weakness they could have chosen and he fought him on 2 weeks notice instead of pulling out like Werdum, Machida, vitor and others have done

Protected even tho he 1hko the greatest FW champion in UFC and WEC history.

Was protected even though his next 3 opponents were in a higher weightclass (the same excuse ronda used to duck cyborg)

Protected even tho he had an immediate rematch to a man in a higher weightclass, who he wasn't even supposed to fight originally, who beat him.

And after all this.....the person you claim he's being protect from....is FRANKIE EDGAR??????? :laff: The same Frankie edgar that's always bleeding like a pig and getting put on his ass 3 rounds into fights he'd actually be winning? You tripping

I agree with him being gifted shots, since Conor is bringing in money dana just lets him get away with whatever. But calling him protected in spite of the resume of fighters he's beat is just stupid.

Who has to "protect" the only man with a KO win off Jose Aldo?