Countdown to UFC 209: "You really gonna season chicken?"

DougFunnY

Make it a win
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
@Kenny West Cyborg wasn't in the ufc. You cant duck some one that isn't on the roster. Also she failed a drug test and didn't wanna go to 135. I say this as a fan of hers.

Nate was supposed to be a sacrificial lamb. Ufc thought and were banking on conor winning. They wanted conor vs Lawler or gsp at 200. Said so by dana and helwani. So nate was not an expected tough fight. Their plans blew up in their face.

Ufc refused to set frankie/conor because the mendes fight scared them. If mendes was able to get him down, frankie definitely would. Edgar was the consensus numb1 contender. So they denied frankie his shot until aldo took him outta the equation for good. The agenda is transparent to anyone who pays close attention to the sport.

Lol at "man in a higher weightclass". Conor is natural Lw. He also stated himself that the only weight he cares about is the weight of the check, so he and his fans need to stop with that excuse.

He beat the top guys at 145, I'll give him that. Good fighter, but is very beatable

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Kenny West Cyborg wasn't in the ufc. You cant duck some one that isn't on the roster. Also she failed a drug test and didn't wanna go to 135. I say this as a fan of hers.

Nate was supposed to be a sacrificial lamb. Ufc thought and were banking on conor winning. They wanted conor vs Lawler or gsp at 200. Said so by dana and helwani. So nate was not an expected tough fight. Their plans blew up in their face.

Ufc refused to set frankie/conor because the mendes fight scared them. If mendes was able to get him down, frankie definitely would. Edgar was the consensus numb1 contender. So they denied frankie his shot until aldo took him outta the equation for good. The agenda is transparent to anyone who pays close attention to the sport.

Lol at "man in a higher weightclass". Conor is natural Lw. He also stated himself that the only weight he cares about is the weight of the check, so he and his fans need to stop with that excuse.

He beat the top guys at 145, I'll give him that. Good fighter, but is very beatable

You just a hater bro own it.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Cacs gon cac.

Rogan talking bout i wouldn't call the 5th a 10-8 round.

This commissioner dude, i have never heard or seen speaking ill of the judgment at the post fight.

If im T wood. Im letting my dikk hang. Turn into mayweather. They gon hate you anyway, work it to your financial advantage.

Ufc low key need T wood right now.
yeah I found that particularly strange, even in cases of the most egregious ref mistakes that the eye can see, the commission always backs the ref's call..Now in a forgettable title fight that could easily be called a draw the commissioner makes a point to have his own presser and throw the judges under the bus? This better be the new practice anytime there is funny judging in Nevada or else it just looks like a byproduct of the commission/UFC's new relationship with them basically echoing Dana

If thompson actually had a spirited effort I could see the cries of robbery and need for all this but he came in with a game plan to out point t-wood in the most risk averse and unfan-friendly way so who cares

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dana has no one to blame but himself. He fueled this money fight era by letting conor do whatever he wants. When ranked fights take a backseat to "money fights", it's creates the current climate we're in.

Also, these guys don't even get a fraction of the promo conor gets. No other fighters was promoted as hard as him. So for dana to use conor's success as a basis for his argument is a bit ridiculous. Don't just push one guy to the moon
Connor did a lot of this though by promoting himself to fukk . Before Aldo he was being shytted on as having only fought tomato cans
I never said they didn't promote others. I said they don't get a fraction of the promotion that Conor gets, which isn't debatable.

I must say though. It's pretty ironic that you mention ronda being protected, when in actuality she defended the belt mad times, and took on all comers. Conor can't say the same, because he's been protected more than ronda. Gifted title shots, doesnt defend, Dana hiding him from edgar, etc. Let's not open up that can of worms.
Wtf ?? Stop it man you just don't like Connor . Man beating who he has to beat

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the only time MMA is exciting are when guys are standing on the feet boxing

that's what makes your claims so ridiculous

Strong trolling. Again, exciting is a relative term. To me, I love watching high level grapplers do their thing because I do grappling. If you're a boxer, obviously you want to see high level striking.

Of course striking can also be exciting, the sport as a whole is exciting when a competitive match is going on.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ban bet those numbers aren't made up

either take the bet or shut up

UFC's popular is over stated, that's why Zuffa sold it lmao, that's why they never report the actual ppv numbers and make up numbers, that's why the most exciting thing in MMA is Mcgregor fighting a 40 year old boxer

once again you are ignorant, like most mma fans who just started get into this combat sports thing

Cite the exact numbers you're claiming and cite the source.

Now you're pivoting to UFC's popularity. I don't give a fukk about UFC's success or popularity. I bet on it, I train, and when it's on and I have nothing better to do, I'll stream it for free or go out and watch it somewhere.

Not sure if you're some brilliantly stubborn troll or just a weirdo MMA hater.

DougFunnY

Make it a win
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
Connor did a lot of this though by promoting himself to fukk . Before Aldo he was being shytted on as having only fought tomato cans

Wtf ?? Stop it man you just don't like Connor . Man beating who he has to beat

Nah. I like conor. I just refuse to Drink the kool aid. Everything I said was facts

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Tyron Woodley: a support thread for The Chosen One | Page 6 | Sherdog Forums | UFC, MMA & Boxing Discussion

Wish this obvious white dude (Coolidge) masquerading as a black man was on the coli.

Would be eviscrated on the spot. :banderas:

But then again there have been some serious self-hating c00ns outchea and I wouldn't be surprised if a dude bro cac forum like Sherdog had some.

Anyway the hate these cacs have for Woodley tho. :pachaha:
They make it easy to tell who is or isn't black.

As a black man... • r/AsABlackMan

XII

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Tyron Woodley: a support thread for The Chosen One | Page 6 | Sherdog Forums | UFC, MMA & Boxing Discussion

Wish this obvious white dude (Coolidge) masquerading as a black man was on the coli.

Would be eviscrated on the spot. :banderas:

But then again there have been some serious self-hating c00ns outchea and I wouldn't be surprised if a dude bro cac forum like Sherdog had some.

Anyway the hate these cacs have for Woodley tho. :pachaha:
The dap ratios on sherdog are disgusting :huhldup:

Whole forum putting up havoc00 numbers :huhldup:

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
the only time MMA is exciting are when guys are standing on the feet boxing

ZHXbriL.gif

You fukking retard. :whatmoney:

I do not enjoy the belittlement of my fellow humans, but you really possess sub-par intelligence.
Refrain from watching MMA entirely and restrain yourself to boxing if you feel such a strong desire to watch men punch each other.
Your posts are pitiful.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I put together an event recap for FTESWL, happy to chop it up and see your takes.

http://fteswl.com/2017/03/06/ufc-209-recap/

UFC 209 was a main event away from being a great card. There were upsets, comeback victories, submissions, KO’s and an absolute stand up war to boot. Yet the finale of the night will likely go down as one of the worst title fights in Middleweight history (if not worst in any weightclass). The card lost its co-main event Nurmagomedov vs Ferguson a day in advance and Woodley vs Thompson was almost unwatchable. In light of the two major match-ups failing to pay off, fan response seemed to lean towards disappointment. But exploring the fights that did happen is worthwhile because even without a great closing act this was a pretty good event with a little bit of everything mixed in.

Alistair Overeem KO’s Mark Hunt:

This felt like a throwback to the PRIDE days when Ubereem was flattening all comers. The ringcraft on display from Overeem was truly impressive, as he almost never allowed Hunt to get into punching range by utilizing quick clinches whenever Hunt even sniffed the pocket. Alistair was back to using knees again and just like in his older fights, those knees led to a KO early in the third round. To Mark Hunt’s credit, he utilized a mix of leg and body kicks to try and slow Overeem. Hunt adjusted to Reem’s clinches by throwing more elbows and had some success but the big shocker on this night was just how well Overeem’s chin held up. Historically, Alistair has seemed to panic when he gets hurt and sometimes his ring craft collapses as he gets hit; but in this fight, even though he got trapped along the cage a couple of times there was never a defensive collapse. To top off the performance, news came out after the event that Overeem was nearly pulled from the fight with illness and vomiting. The man showed serious heart just making it to the octagon. Overeem proved that he’s not far from the top of the division and another opportunity at UFC gold.
Shout out to dude who reminded me about the Ubereem moniker when I got locked into UFC Overeem comparisons watching that fight! :salute: