Veteran
Daps

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Check out IMPACT x Nightline: It's Beyoncé Country on Hulu! https://www.hulu.com/series/impact-x-nightline-its-beyonce-country-3cab29a5-c9e7-4614-874f-a0f50541ad2f
This is great. I definitely learned a lot. Beyonce might actually open doors for black folks that’s been doing country… Also, they’re talking a lot about how country radio won’t play them. Radio supposed to be dead tho
That's not with just black country artist. White female country ones aren't getting radio play like that compared to their male counterpart. I've yet to hear any of Beyonce's music played on those radio stations. If they don't even care about the females in the genre, I doubt they'd care about Beyonce.

Beyonce doing country isn't necessarily going to open the doors like that unless the black fanbase in the genre grows to help dictate change like that.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
That's not with just black country artist. White female country ones aren't getting radio play like that compared to their male counterpart. I've yet to hear any of Beyonce's music played on those radio stations. If they don't even care about the females in the genre, I doubt they'd care about Beyonce.

Beyonce doing country isn't necessarily going to open the doors like that unless the black fanbase in the genre grows to help dictate change like that.
Just talking about the artists in the documentary. There’s a whole community called The Black Opry that have many black country artists that none of us know. Mickey Guyton talked about it, etc. I don’t listen to country radio and never will.. just talking about what’s in the doc

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Not a Beyonce fan but she's at her best when she's making more "timeless" country to me. Like Alligator Tears sounds modern but the same time country. Not feeling the stuff that sounds like Beyonce. It's like cheating to me. Instead of taking the risk.