Credit Card Discussion Thread

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
I never said that at any point of my post. I said 125k platinum welcome offer (as points). I figured if you’re really in the card game you’d know what I’m referencing is not a card limit but the welcome offer points. But I guess I keep forgetting what site I’m on.

@Serious smh at your dapping this shyt :snoop:
Relax my dude I skimmed your post and didn’t see you say (points) but what I said still is correct.. Foh with that sensitive shyt bro

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Relax my dude I skimmed your post and didn’t see you say (points) but what I said still is correct.. Foh with that sensitive shyt bro
I Didn’t mean to go hard like that so that’s my fault. But I’ve had a platinum for over 7 Years. You can’t tell me anything I don’t already know.

Last edited:

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
I Didn’t mean to go hard like that so that’s my fault. But I’ve had a platinum for over 7 Years. You can’t tell me anything I don’t already know.
We both platinum so we good… I use mine strictly for travel, flights hotels and car rentals and occasional bum rush the Amex lounges in the airport otherwise I use my Amex gold card everyday regular shyt

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Got a $750 CLI on my Quicksilver the other day. It's slowly becoming a viable emergency card. I need to go scour the MyFICO forums to see if requesting an increase on my Amazon Prime Rewards Card is a soft or hard pull with Chase.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Seeing people in here argue over credit cards and them using what credit card they have as a flex is hilariousssss :mjlol:
Credit cards are a means of cash back for me. I'm mostly to the point of getting 5% back on 80% of my purchases now.

Chase Freedom Flex = 5% back rotating categories every quarter
Discover It = 5% back rotating categories every quarter

US Bank Cash+ = 5% back on 2 categories you select every quarter (use utilities and electronic stores for Best Buy)
Citi Custom Cash = 5% back on your highest spend category monthly (I use this as a dining card)

Amazon Prime Visa = 5% back on all Amazon purchases ($139 annual fee for Prime)
Target RedCard = 5% back on all Target purchases

Amex Blue Cash Preferred = 6% back on grocery stores and streaming services 3% back on gas ($95 annual fee)

2% cash back cards for general spend
X1 Credit Card (2.5% at Walmart with an app trick)
Citi Double Cash (will convert to a 2nd Custom Cash soon)
Fidelity Visa Signature
Bank Of America Cash Rewards (3% selectable categories for me online shopping)

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
Credit cards are a means of cash back for me. I'm mostly to the point of getting 5% back on 80% of my purchases now.

Nah CCs can be very useful for anybody disciplined enough to not let their balances grow. I use my AMEX Reserve for damn near everything, get to enjoy 5-6 free flights per year because of it.

I’ve just seen some of the posts here were people try to flex their card and it made me laugh. Ol ‘I been AMEX Plat status for years I’m true to this not new to this’ :demonic: face asses

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
About to PC my Wells Fargo Visa signature to the new Autograph. Much better deal and now I can actually use it. I locked it up since it was a flat 1%.

The Solid One

Superstar
Daps
year before last (may have been a bit longer) had bad allergies, right. My sinuses swelled up to the point it was literally pushing my left eye out of my head. the pressure partially re-tore (It got it torn years before by some fists, bats and boots) the retina. I literally had blood coming out of my eye socket like tears. Also slowly cracked the carapace in the roof of my mouth. Now I use a neti pot regularly.

Last year someone thought it would be funny to replace my eye drops with some industrial strength peroxide based cleaning solution (okay it was me I just grabbed the wrong bottle cause I didn't have my contacts in). Burned the cornea damn near off. By default one of the most suddenly painful experiences of my life. The pain literally slammed me back in a corner and I was couched there trembling and staring into space. I couldn't even breathe to scream. The pain paralyzed me. It was my very existence. lol I had to rock an eyepatch or an opaque contact lens until it grew back.
Damn!

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just got a card for the first time since college - I'd closed mine after I had some trouble in college.

1.5% cash back (which I know isn't much), but I'm working with what I got for now - while I think the credit system is sick - I'm excited to get my credit from above-average to excellent.

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
I currently have the Amex Gold for the grocery shopping and restaurants/eating out but I'm thinking about switching over to Blue cash preferred. You get 6% in grocery stores but only up to $6000 a year and 6% on streaming services and 3% on gas. I don't use any of the travel perks that come with the gold card. I lose the 4x points on eating out but I have the custom cash card by citi and can use two exclusively as my eating out card because I'll get 5% back in restaurants using that card. In terms of groceries, it has the $6000 a year cap, I have chase freedom card and the Amazon prime card and throughout the year they usually have a time period where groceries are 5% cash back, so I could use that once in a while so I don't pass that $6000 a year cap. The annual fee difference $250 to $95. Am I better off switching to Blue cash preferred ?