Crossfit - pushing yourself or cac foolishness?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
what's the coli's thoughts on yoga? :jbhmm:

wanna get into it soon but if y'all say it's hot garbage soaked in bleach well I guess that's what it is :ohhh:
it's cool to do a couple times a week. if you're all into the meditation/enlightenment part of it, i guess you should go more. but it's part of my holistic approach to exercise - strength, endurance, flexibility.

Most people who do CF look like trash physically
never really looked at the males, but it gives females a terrible shape :gag:

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
Yoga been around for hundreds of years. More and more athletes are getting into it to improve career longevity. Even if you aren't an athlete there are quite a few noticeable benefits that will have you feeling better
wasn't meant to be comparing the two but I also figured my thread numbers would be turribull if I asked

I am working out more but I wanna be able to stretch properly (:dame:)

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Seems that you don’t even have to do all that. nikkas throwing up weights, clap two tones, and catch them and shyt. Run in a straight line, drop and do 20 push-ups, them get up and run and shyt. The couple people I know who swear their gym rats be fukking themselves up.. back all messed up, throwing out knees and stuff. You better do a simple workout and quit playing.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Most crossfit ideologies are the antithesis of what you should be doing in excersise from a scientific standpoint.
The only reason why people get cut doing it, is because they brute force it. Not because it is a good program.

Many of their excersizes don't make any sense. I'll point out a few.

3x Power Clean then jumping over the bar 10 times, repeat 10x
BurpMid-sddfkj7skjh.JPG

This is stupid because you are doing a heavy, coordinated lift, and then trying to fit cardio in bewteen.
The problem is you aren't truly focused on the bulk side because you are throwing random cardio in, and you aren't doing enough cardio for it to be consider a cardio workout.

The end result is that you tire yourself out anaerobically, and your lift form suffers. But you don't truly tire yourself enough for it to be considered good cardio.

Here's another one,
Kipping Pullups
giphy.gif

You use the momentum to kill the actual work of the back and biceps.
You rarely ever reach the appropriate pull-up height because you're afraid of smashing your teeth into the bar
You use your legs to ease the work of the muscles that you are actually trying to work and end up only working your forearms
You look like a damn fool

Take all that passion and drive and apply it to real scientific workouts and they would be amazing.

But these people seem to respond better to dumbshyt :mjlol:

I mean I didn't even mention the infamous "Crossfit Deadlifts"

fk3I3YH.jpg
[/IMG]

Say goodbye to your spine breh :francis:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
what's the coli's thoughts on yoga? :jbhmm:

wanna get into it soon but if y'all say it's hot garbage soaked in bleach well I guess that's what it is :ohhh:

Yoga been around for centuries man... it has physical and mental benefits... some even gain spiritual benefits from it...

Put it to you like this... yoga is so beneficial that white folks had to steal it and make it their own....

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
Most crossfit ideologies are the antithesis of what you should be doing in excersise from a scientific standpoint.
The only reason why people get cut doing it, is because they brute force it. Not because it is a good program.

Many of their excersizes don't make any sense. I'll point out a few.

3x Power Clean then jumping over the bar 10 times, repeat 10x
BurpMid-sddfkj7skjh.JPG

This is stupid because you are doing a heavy, coordinated lift, and then trying to fit cardio in bewteen.
The problem is you aren't truly focused on the bulk side because you are throwing random cardio in, and you aren't doing enough cardio for it to be consider a cardio workout.

The end result is that you tire yourself out anaerobically, and your lift form suffers. But you don't truly tire yourself enough for it to be considered good cardio.

Here's another one,
Kipping Pullups
giphy.gif

You use the momentum to kill the actual work of the back and biceps.
You rarely ever reach the appropriate pull-up height because you're afraid of smashing your teeth into the bar
You use your legs to ease the work of the muscles that you are actually trying to work and end up only working your forearms
You look like a damn fool

Take all that passion and drive and apply it to real scientific workouts and they would be amazing.

But these people seem to respond better to dumbshyt :mjlol:

I mean I didn't even mention the infamous "Crossfit Deadlifts"

fk3I3YH.jpg
[/IMG]

Say goodbye to your spine breh :francis:

Good points :ehh:

Those pull-ups are garbage too:heh: